Can I track back a texture using its UUID?

BadEddy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello. 

A while back I used a texture to make a particle chain. Today I'd like to make a small modification to that texture but unfortunatly,  I'm sure it's in my inventory under a stupid name that mean nothing like "test 125" or whatever. I have the UUID tho. Is there  way to use that to find my texture again or at least it's name?

thanks

Can you not use a simple llSetTexture script with the UUID if you know it, to apply the texture with the forgotten name to a prim, then in the Texture tab of Edit click on the texture window, which should open the Pick wiindow and highlight the name of the used texture? You can then get it from your inventory,

• Like 2

Carbon Philter wrote:

Can you not use a simple llSetTexture script with the UUID if you know it, to apply the texture with the forgotten name to a prim, then in the Texture tab of Edit click on the texture window, which should open the Pick wiindow and highlight the name of the used texture? You can then get it from your inventory,

Ooooh, I love this idea!

I have a collection of obscurely named textures, and use the items temselves as the index to find the textures.    If I want to find one, I edit the item in question, go to the texture tab, and click to bring up the choose texture panel.  If it is inventory, the current texture will be highlighted.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.