#Frustrated :(

jauste2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Can anyone by any chance help me with fashion design?  I am working on a project for school and have been for quite a while.  I am just getting frustrated at this point.

I have blender & avastar installed.

I also downloaded Marvelous Designer

I followed some tutorials by exporting an avatar from Blender into MD, creating the clothing items, and importing them back into blender.  I then exported them to the .dae format and tried to load them into SL.

Two issues that I'm having.  I used MD to design my clothing how I wished, and it looks great in MD, however when I import into blender, the design/texture is gone.

My bigger problem though is that when I upload a "model" into blender and try to equip it in my chest slot, the item does not wear like a shirt, it is in the wrong direction and unaligned.

I've been working on it for days and my groupmates have not been much help and I'm just at wits end.  Can anyone please help me figure out how to upload my clothing into SL?

My clothing does not have to be stunning, I'm not worried about touching up flaws or anything like that, as it's just a school project.

If I can, I'll attach some photos of where I'm at and what's going on

Help please!!

Marvelous Designerelsa.JPG

Dress in Blender After Editing (Color Loss?)

blenderdress.JPG

Tank Top in blender

tankinblender.JPG

Tank Top in SL

SLTank.JPG

You have two different issues here.

Firstly, when you assign textures in MD, it creates "Materias", those materials come into blender as blender materials.  If you click on the materials button, you'll see them there and the definition to the file.  If you enable textured view, they do show up.  The scaling is wrong though, you may find it easier to just do that in blender if you know how to there?

The second issue is the fit.  You need to weight the vertices of the model in avastar and then be sure to import with skin weights otherwise it won't bend with the avatar.

If you go to the help menu in blender, then Avastar, that will lead you to the avastar tutorals on weight painting and rigging.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.