So lost. At this point I totally give up. Is there a shop or something that makes custom avatars?

NoSleepTilDisney

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Try Starla Farella, she will advise and suggest what you can and can't do to make a perfect AV. 

Either a custom one made to your specification or even one that looks like you in RL. Your choice.

She's friendly and gives you a chance to make SL and your AV exactly what YOU want it to be.

Hope this helps, she helped me.

Welcome to Second Life Answers, and indeed to Second Life itself as I can see you are brand new.

There are lots of ready-made avatars, and accessories, and wonderfully imaginative and exciting items over on the Second Life Marketplace. Click the "Shopping" tab up in the black portion at the top of this screen.

You can get custom-made avatars, if that is what you really require. You can get just about anything and everything in Second Life.

There are useful tutorials too, to cover the basics and more.

Second Life Quickstart is a good place to start. http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Second-Life-Quickstart/ta-p/1087919

And we are all here ready for any questions you have.

There is much to learn, to see and to do. Take your time. Remember you don't have to know everything, and certainly not all at once. And mostly, HAVE FUN !

• Like 1

Welcome to Second Life NoSleep!

I'm not sure what you mean by "custom avatar", but I'd recommend building your look from freebie/cheap things from the marketplace. Once you've climbed farther up SL's steep learning curve, you can do something more sophisticaed. Picking shapes, skins, hair, clothing and accessories could keep you occupied for months!

You might benefit from introductory SL classes from places like Caldeon Oxbridge, or NCI. They are great resources for both new and experienced SL residents.

Get some sleep!

;-)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.