A Farewell To Land Bots :)

Perrie Juran

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Using bots to purchase Mainland parcels is not allowed
The use of bots, autonomous software, scripting (manual or automated), scripted agents, or any systems or software internal or external to the Second Life service that circumvent, automate and/or remove the human interaction required to purchase a Land parcel within Second Life on the Linden Lab owned Mainland is prohibited.
http://modemworld.wordpress.com/2014/01/30/lab-updates-bot-policy/#comments
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Inworld_policy_on_bots

• 2 weeks later...

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

This is VERY UNFORTUNATE.

Its going to make it extremely difficult to offload unwanted land without using abandon...

Possibly. 

But from what I'd been reading, recently the Bots were only snatching up land priced at 0.1 or 0.2L per sqm.

I've been watching larger plots, 4096 or bigger selling pretty steadily and I don't think the bots are getting them.  Reason being that as the Grid has been sub divided larger plots have become rarer and 'real' people are shopping for them.

ETA, years ago this would have been very welcome when people were screaming about the Bots snatching up land.  Today, it almost seems like a non issue.  Makes you wonder why suddenly this has happenned.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

0.3 is what I've been able to sell to bots for as recently as a month ago.

But even 0.1 is better than 0, and the companies behind the bots can then hold the spot in system until somebody wants it.

I agree, 0.1 is better than 0.0.

I imagine the Bots could be programmed to work certain areas.  For instance land around Bay City is much more valuable than where I live.  So a Bot could be set to buy at a higher price there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.