Library issue on firestorm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

That same process should work for the Firestorm viewer too. The debug setting is saved client-side -- that is, on your own computer as opposed to SL's servers -- so the update you just made is saved in the settings for your SL V3 viewer.  When you log in with Firestorm and do the same thing, the settings will be saved in that folder as well.

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

That same process should work for the Firestorm viewer too. The debug setting is saved client-side -- that is, on your own computer as opposed to SL's servers -- so the update you just made is saved in the settings for your SL V3 viewer.  When you log in with Firestorm and do the same thing, the settings will be saved in that folder as well.

• Like 1

VelvetCush wrote:

I was able to hide my library of those items that i couldnt delete on my SL viewer, but they are still there on my firestorm viewer. I done advance/debug/no inventory link as suggested and that fixed the SL viewer. Now i need a solution for firestorm. VelvetCush Residetn

When the Firestorm viewer creates the "bridge" it uses an object from the library as a storage unit for the bridge scripts. You can't attach a script to your avatar without it being in an object and the Firestorm developers wanted to use an object everyone already had in their inventory instead of creating a new object for the script container the way Phoenix did - the Phoenix method caused problems on no-build land.

However, if the library is hidden the library object won't be available, meaning the bridge can't be formed. Firestorm defaults to always using the bridge and if the bridge can't be found/made your avatar will never rezz. To prevent these problems Firestorm won't allow you to hide the library.

• Like 2

Only thing that made sense was the last thing Theresa said about the avatar not showing up. And I've tried so many times to hide the library on my firestorm too. It  DOES in fact, take up space in your inventory. Being that I have once before, hid the library before FS came out. 

People need to stop taking the hiding library topic as such an offense, some people want it gone. Deal with it. It takes up space and it's not needed. Maybe for freebie animations, scripts and textures but there isn't much to begin with, that deems useful in any way. 

I do hope to hide the library one day on firestorm. Having above 10k of items in your inventory, causes a slight lag. There's your reason. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.