4yrs old and still asking prob obvious questions. This time re shoes and feet colours

Jazleen Raynier

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was just looking at the beautiful pictures in the vanity thread and noticed, jealously, that the beautiful girl with the red hair and black dress had perfectly combined shoes, feet and legs. All coloured exactly. I don't know where I'm going wrong. I have a lot of shoes from a company i'll just call 'N' that I always wore and never seemed to have a problem with feet and legs colouring correctly, yet now I've noticed when I put them on the skin on my feet seems to alternate colours from very dark to very light and somewhere in the middle.

Is it maybe that the skin I wear isn't easily compatible, despite seeing a reasonable good link and then it all goes to squat.

would wearing slink feet help the problem maybe?

Is there a skin out there that is very easy to match with most shoes? I'm tired of wearing boots all the time, I want my pretty shoes back....

The easiest way to get shoes with feet that match your skin 100% is to buy from those skin creators that offer appliers with their skin. Same for shoe creators.

If you go for slink feet (I have them and love them dearly) you will have to make sure to buy skins that offer slink appliers. If you don't go for slink, then make sure that the shoes your purchase have the most common skins as appliers. There's a few merchants who do that.

Personally  in my humble opinion, I'd suggest slink, there's a ton of skin creators that offer appliers for them and each slink shoe you buy from any creators will fit 100% to your skin.

It may be the windlight that you're trying to match the colors and view the shoes in. Some windlights are just horrid for that sort of thing. I tend to tell everyone that asks how I match my feet/shoes with feet and other things, Use avatarOpt Whiter (no shading) to make sure you get it just about perfect. Some prims just don't like some windlights. My feet get that duel toned look in very harsh windlights no matter what I do, but in most of them, when I match in that windlight, looks pretty good in nearly every windlight. 

Slinks, (I don't have any) can come across the same issue if you don't have a skin that offers the appliers. I've seen very successful matches and some very UNsuccessful matches. It's all in how you start out I think when you have to use a color wheel to get the closest match possible. Then again, some skins are very, very difficult to match. I have some skins that varigate so much in their shading that it's impossible to match.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.