Sign in to follow this  
olegistvan

Virwox avatar validation with Second Life

Question

11 answers to this question

Virwox - as I understand it, at least - is a website that you can buy Lindens through, as well as money for other games / virtual worlds.

Olegistvan, your Second Life account name is Olegistvan Resident.

If I remember correctly, you have to type your Second Life account name into the website so that your avatar is verified on the website...then you would need to take a Slurl / TP to a Virwox terminal in-world and click it so that you are fully verified. Beyond that, I do not know anything of it.

Here is the website's FAQ page, which has the information you may need:

https://www.virwox.com/faq.php

And here is the website's page which has Slurls to the different terminal locations:

https://www.virwox.com/terminals.php

I hope this helps!

look at the post above yours please:

this is a thread about Virwox

Virwox is NOT active, and not allowed to practice their financial activities.in Second Life. ( like anybody else)

All L$ activities for buy and sell, have to take place on the Official Lindex, you find that on  your account page

GAH! Teach me not to look at dates. Just realized this is a necro'd thread, but I'll leave the response up in case it's helpful later.

Last names are left over from back in the day, when we had Legacy names. So mine is typically Vuissent, because I signed up way back in the way back. When LL did away with last names, there were a number of things set up within or to work with SL that still required first and last names be input, so everyone who joined after that point gained the generic last name of Resident. This is true even if you've set your name up to LOOK like a traditional first and last name, so if I'd signed up later and my username was ArielVuissent, without the space in between, I would be ArielVuissent Resident. Helpful reminder: Display names do not count for anything that requires a username. It must be the name you signed up with.

Unless you signed up a very long time ago and there is a space in your name, your last name will ALWAYS be Resident. Your first name is your username. 

(The first and last name thing MAY change, in that LL might start doing Legacy names again. For a fee, I believe. But that's a different conversation.)

Edited by Ariel Vuissent
Suckered by a necro-thread, alas!