WARNING - Do not purchase adult content on MP using Paypal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A merchant just posted that they'd been banned from Paypal for using it to buy goods in SL that are outside the Paypal Acceptable Use Policy.  https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full

Here's the issue, the Second Life Marketplace does NOT permit the seller to BLOCK the use of Paypal for content that could lead to the suspension of Paypal service for the hapless purchaser!

In offering items for sale via SL Marketplace, customers are at risk of being banned from Paypal without realising.  Most people would assume that if there's a PayPal button that it's ok to use it.

It appears that Linden Lab needs to immediately cease offering PayPal as a transaction method for adult content for starters and possibly quite a few other things.

Just a heads up, no need to get into discussion about why not just buy L$ using Paypal etc...  there's a PayPal button on Marketplace listings - don't use it for adult content!

Medhue Simoni wrote:

Let it also be noted that paying with Paypal directly for SL items is not a very efficient way to shop in SL. Meaning you are paying a crapload more than you should. If you buy the lindens with your Paypal account, they can't ban you for buying adult stuff with lindens.

I have been confused from the start why anyone would want to use that option.

The only potential use I can see would be if in the future there was a way provided for a person with out an SL account to gift someone who has an account.

Really, I am puzzled by all this.  PayPals terms states "certain adult content" but does not define it.

But considering what Ebay which uses PayPal has to offer I'm almost ready to call derp on this.  There is an entire Adult Content Section.  And you don't have to be logged in to browse vibrators (maybe NSFW), c*ck rings, Adult Magazines, etc, etc.

And of course, any one who would buy Linden Dollars on EBay would be an idiot.

It was posted in Second Life Commerce Merchants by the affected person.

To the others, yes, there's no question that it's not efficient but that's not the subject.  The issue is that using a payment method offered, could lead to a ban on Paypal for the purchaser.  That bites!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2465 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.