Login Failure on iPhone

lolalab69

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

WELL

today i went to login and YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS it worked!!!!! And i have been in and out of sl a few times now today on my phone. (am currently logged in and chatting with my sl sister)

So i guess pmv was doin maintenance on the network or server? and a lot of us got locked out? Not sure but yay its okay now for me.

HOPE YOU ALL ARE ABLE TO LOGIN NOW TOO

Thanks for the comments and suggestions etc.

Cheers  All :D

:D

Hi there 

I have not been able to log in to Second Life accounts on my cell phone today.

I keep getting the following message:-

"Login failed

Second Life cannot be accessed from this computer.

If you feel this is an error, please contact
support@secondlife.com"

I have no trouble logging in on my computer today... only my cellphone using Pocket Metaverse 1.8.1

I have changed my password on my account lately, as well as my email address. Could this have made some difference? Or should I try to reinstall this app on my phone?

Kind Regards

Lola La Bideaux
(lolalab69)

8 answers to this question

Hello there I have ran into the same problem as well what viewer are you using as I'm currently using pocket metaverse. I've done everything exactly and have contacted LL myself to this issue I've even tried delete in and reinstalling to no avail. If I or you get more info please drop it off here!

• Like 1

Hi, i just want to add i am having exactly the same problem as all of u. I am wondering if Pocket Metaverse is not working anymore?. I am thinking on contacting the volunteer groups inworld like : builders brewers,nci , etc they might have a suggestion for this, i hope this helps a bit?

• Like 1

OKies - you are the 6th, 7th....people to have this issue.... assuming that your device meets this criteria:

The current version has this Requirements Warning:

Description

Second Life® on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. The best and most complete mobile client for accessing Second Life, providing easy access to all major functions.

Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

...did your device receive an automatic update last night?  You will need to email the developer of Pocket Metaverse about this issue.

http://www.pocketmetaverse.com/

http://www.pocketmetaverse.com/about/  says this

If you're in-world, say hello to Edward Magic or Robot Core, and be sure to join the Pocket Metaverse group!

Visit the Pocket Metaverse Support Community on Get Satisfaction.

Send support requests via email to support@pocketmetaverse.com . In order to best diagnose the problem, particularly if you are experiencing an application crash, we ask that you provide as much information as possible. Please include your model of device (iPhone 2G, 3G, 3GS, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod Touch) - see this Wikipedia list of iPhone and iPod Touch models for more information. Also, please indicate whether you are using WiFi, 3G, or Edge as your data service while using Pocket Metaverse. In addition, on your device, tap Settings, then select General, and then select About, and find and provide us with the values for Network, Available, Version, Carrier, and Model (not all of these may be displayed, just provide the ones that are).

Status Update: I suspect that the Pocket Metaverse application has run afoul of this patch - On Friday, Apple quietly released iOS 7.0.6, explaining in a brief release note that it fixed a bug in which "an attacker with a privileged network position may capture or modify data in sessions protected by SSL/TLS." That's the understated version. Another way to put it? Update your iPhone right now.

Details are fouond here: http://gizmodo.com/why-apples-huge-security-flaw-is-so-scary-1529041062?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_facebook&utm_source=gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Additional Note: The error "Second Life cannot be accessed from this computer." suggests that Linden Lab may have banned a whole block of IP addresses used by a Cellular Carrier. So take the time to create a Support Case about your access issue if you can also get online using a normal PC.

Good to hear you can use PM again - Carry opn!

• Like 2

I am experiencing the same issue. When I opened a support ticket I was told it was a third party viewer and to contact pocketmetaverse support, yet pocketmetaverse support says contact secondlife support. There are instances in the last from pocketmetaverse support page that states that they had to reset something on their end. Please someone help us stay connected. Thank you.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.