Process Credit Problem

Deadly Bunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Around January 18 my account got hacked some how and still wonder how that happen since my password was very unique and I didnt click a link. Also nobody knew it since I been on since 2007 so everything was secure but thats not the issue. Around february they told me in support wait 14 days to process my credit (february 17). I did that and still got denied. So what I did now is remove my paypal and readded it because I dont know if thats the problem but I hit them up asking them why and they said (you might have to wait 14 more days and try again). They told me I couldnt upload or process but february 17 I had no problem using my card to upload lindens but I cant process my money. They give me a email telling me how they cant help me and my pc might be compromise lol. Lindenlabs work for geeksquad now? I went to school for computers and now they trying to tell me someone in my pc? Thats weird but I got hacked 30 days ago why wouldnt they be able to find the issue since I been using that paypal for years and had no issue. The only reason i guess it would deny is because I got hacked but that was 30 days ago so i dont get why im waiting. Anyone know ? The customer support is trash and slow too lol.  They also said this

The problem you are having purchasing may be due to one or more of the following reasons:

- Account Status
- Geographic Location
- Undisclosed potential risk factors

but the guy said try february 17 and I should be finebut if not hit them up and not they telling me to wait 2 weeks again. O_O

Deadly Olivier wrote:

Around January 18 my account got hacked some how and still wonder how that happen since my password was very unique and I didnt click a link. Also nobody knew it since I been on since 2007 so everything was secure but thats not the issue. Around february they told me in support wait 14 days to process my credit (february 17). I did that and still got denied. So what I did now is remove my paypal and readded it because I dont know if thats the problem but I hit them up asking them why and they said (you might have to wait 14 more days and try again). They told me I couldnt upload or process but february 17 I had no problem using my card to upload lindens but I cant process my money. They give me a email telling me how they cant help me and my pc might be compromise lol. Lindenlabs work for geeksquad now? I went to school for computers and now they trying to tell me someone in my pc? Thats weird but I got hacked 30 days ago why wouldnt they be able to find the issue since I been using that paypal for years and had no issue. The only reason i guess it would deny is because I got hacked but that was 30 days ago so i dont get why im waiting. Anyone know ? The customer support is trash and slow too lol.  They also said this

The problem you are having purchasing may be due to one or more of the following reasons:

- Account Status

- Geographic Location

but the guy said try february 17 and I should be finebut if not hit them up and not they telling me to wait 2 weeks again. O_O

First off, telling you to check your computer is very good advice.  Just because you went to computer school (a fact they have no way of knowing) does not make you immune.  In fact I have seen several instances where peoples smugness actually made them vulnerable.  Plus there has been a rash of incidents that were clearly traced back to keystroke loggers.  So you will score no brownie points here with that kind of statement.

As far as getting your payment stuff figured out one suggestion I'd have would be to check with your Financial institution if LL/SL is now not flagged in your account because of the previous problems.

On that I don't have any other ideas.

When it comes to computers and finding out if someone keylogged me or not then I would know. I have my pc really protected(not saying they cant get passed the security system i have setup) but I also reformatted to a fresh start and I have a brand new laptop with nothing on it.  After I got hacked I checked and did reformat just to make sure but they told me wait 14 days so I did and now I got denied. You think being on the computer since I was 12 and im 27 now that I wouldnt reformat or double check my settings to see what is going on? I didnt goto school for nothing and no I dont need someone to give me a handclap but the support lindenlabs give me is a joke . How you going to close the ticket without trying to tell me a answer. They keep saying (well maybe you should wait 14 days) but they not even sure if the 14 days will do anything. I did my 14 days and processed the money but got denied again. How is this possible on a fresh reformat ? it seem like they not even trying to find out whats going on.

Also what makes secondlife customer support on phone a joke is that you cant even discuss the situation when you got hacked and can only talk to them by ticket. Paypal , amazon and alot of other companies would react faster and you could actually talk to a supervisor or talk on the phone about the situation. I been on secondlife since 2007 and all they have to say is (respond to the ticket) and it takes them 20 years to do that. Not to go off subject but when I found out I lost all my stuff in my inventory they didnt have a rollback or a database that stores people inventory just incase something like this happen. For example facebook, twitter and other socialnetwork companies can restore your account back to normal with a backup database with no problem. They can rollback a sim but cant rollback a inventory? I just find it funny how bad the customer support is but we will see what happens.

A friend of mine was hacked last week.

Same story ......he had good password that he didnt share (also IT savvy rl) and hadnt excepted any gifts etc

We were in sl together when he was logged of ...because someone was attempting to log in from another location?

He came back and then went to pay for dinner (joke) and noticed all his L$ had been taken!

Next thing he was gone again and couldnt log in at all.

He reported straight away via ticket to LL and they were right onto it.

Within hours his case was 'escalated' and by next day...the thief was caught and his money returned.

So as to your credit process problem...I guess this doesnt help but to say, sometimes LL will make it right and **bleep** does happen.

Hi , I have EXACTLY the same situation as you , I have tried so many times to get answers and all I am told is to wait , my story started with a strange link from April Linden in a private message about a game from a creator that violated TOS , as a game creator myself I thought I would take a look , the link sent to me by April Linden asked for my log in details to view on marketplace , normally I would shut it off and ignore but because it came from a Linden I thought must be ok !! .. after doing this I contacted my groups of sim owners who instantly advised me to change my password .. so I did .. 2 hours later I am notified that I have a 3 day suspension (which I contested to no avail) I was just told I was repetitively spamming (this was during the supposed suspension btw) so I get my account back 3 days later and try to upload money .. I get a failed message .. I also have 4 pending withdrawals in process credit history that are 9 days old

so 4 live help calls 2 phone calls 2 tickets and nothing except : wait 14 days and try again , you MUST wait the full 14 days it said .. the best part was the case number on the ticket .. it said invalid case type , it would not let me see the case , when I questioned this they said use the e-mail to which I replied there was no e-mail (as there usually is)

so in sumary i clicked on a link in a private message from april Linden got suspended for 3 days and my account totaly messed around with no answers at all .. i had the same 3 possibilities as you sent to me

- Account Status
- Geographic Location

today i tried again to see if the funds will be sent to me , and all i get is wait and wait and wait

this is beyond funny now , i have my assumptions as to what is going on in general on sl but thats for another blog lol

sorry i cant help you , but i will watch your post for info that may help me too

Good luck

Dazza

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.