Stephen Fry about Second Life

Jo Yardley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Phil Deakins wrote:

I think it's perfectly clear. He's gay so, if anyone is looking for him in SL, trying the gay communities is a sensible thing to do. It doesn't mean that he is bound to be there and nowhere else. It just means that there's a fair chance that he would be found there. Perfectly clear. The word "try" means give it a go.

This still doesn't explain how Sy got it wrong.  So, instead of wasting my time thinking about this any longer, I'll just assume that you really have no idea what issue you actually had with what he said and just decided to be impetuously cantankerous.

...Dres

ou gave me a chioce - explain how Sy got it wrong, or explain what I was trying to say with my statement. I chose the latter. If you're really wanted to know Sy got it wrong, you ought to have just given me that choice instead of playing silly games ;)

Now. How did Sy get it wrong? Read his post because it's self-explanatory, and doesn't need any explanation from me, especially as I already explained what was obviously meant by the statement he responded to :)

Any more silly games? :D

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

I think it's perfectly clear. He's gay so, if anyone is looking for him in SL, trying the gay communities is a sensible thing to do. It doesn't mean that he is bound to be there and nowhere else. It just means that there's a fair chance that he would be found there. Perfectly clear. The word "try" means give it a go.

This still doesn't explain how Sy got it wrong.  So, instead of wasting my time thinking about this any longer, I'll just assume that you really have no idea what issue you actually had with what he said and just decided to be impetuously cantankerous.

...Dres

If I wanted to be able to find Phil in SL should I try the sims where the closet homophobes gather?

Wooja...gothatfar

Phil Deakins wrote:

ou gave me a chioce - explain how Sy got it wrong, or explain what I was trying to say with my statement. I chose the latter. If you're really wanted to know Sy got it wrong, you ought to have just given me that choice instead of playing silly games
;)

Now. How did Sy get it wrong? Read his post because it's self-explanatory, and doesn't need any explanation from me, especially as I already explained what was obviously meant by the statement he responded to 
:)

Any more silly games?
:D

Your explanation corresponds perfectly with what you originally wrote and what Sy said in his reply to what you originally posted makes perfect sense. What doesn't make sense is your replying that he "wake up and read the posts".  I'm not playing games... I was honestly confused by your reaction to what he wrote.  As I said before, since you can't seem to be able to provide a sensible reason for your reaction, I'll just have to assume that your reaction was in no way based on any sort of sensible reasoning.

...Dres

• 2 months later...

Sorry, Dres but the post before yours was written 2½ months ago and the whole thing is very long way from being fresh in my mind. So I've no intention of going back and wondering what on earth you're talking about. All I'm going to say at this point is that, if you don't understand what people wrote, you don't understand what people wrote. I can't educate you because I've forgotten what it was all about, and I've no intention of dragging up old posts.

I didn't watch it but I have now, Cheri. You're right - it was interesting. For more than 20 years (long before SL was ever thought of) I've thought that getting divorced because of online realtionships like that is very valid because, for most people, it takes place in their real bodies, even if it's only arousal. So to get intentionally aroused (at least) with someone else ought to be grounds for divorce, imo. It's being unfaithful.

I don't know about Stephen Fry being in SL though, either now or in the past. I imagine that many well-known people have a go at it.

Btw, I do like QI :)

Phil Deakins wrote:

Sorry, Dres but the post before yours was written 2½ months ago and the whole thing is very long way from  being fresh in my mind. So I've no intention of going back and wondering what on earth you're talking about. All I'm going at this point is that, if you don't understand what people wrote, you don't understand what people wrote. I can't educate you because I've forgotten what it was all about, and I've no intention of dragging up old posts.

My last post to this thread was written the very same day as the one before it.

...Dres

Phil Deakins wrote:

I didn't watch it but I have now, Cheri. You're right - it was interesting. For more than 20 years (long before SL was ever thought of) I've thought that getting divorced because of online realtionships like that is very valid because, for most people, it takes place in their real bodies, even if it's only arousal. So to get intentionally aroused (at least) with someone else ought to be grounds for divorce, imo. It's being unfaithful.

I don't know about Stephen Fry being in SL though, either now or in the past. I imagine that many well-known people have a go at it.

Btw, I do like QI
:)

I have to agree with you.....about online emotions and Infidelity. The intent is there. 

I like QI too.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Next time I need to find Phil in second life I now know exactly where to go, assuming he's hetero as I suspect.

/landmarks bukakke bliss.

issac-my-bartender.jpg:P

Oh and to be on-topic:

necropost.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.