PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP HELP

RJ3YO

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I have some questions if someone can help me out please. I got the quarterly membship a few months ago and it is set to expire on 3-30. Now my question is if I stop it before that so I dont get charged what happens to my house? Do I need to sell it? Can I just no renew and dont do anything? I just dont want to be charged for anything if i choose not to renew. Also will the L that were given go away if I havent spent them all yet? Please if someone can help me out here, I just want to know what has to be done ahead of time. Thank you.

RJ3YO wrote:

So I have some questions if someone can help me out please. I got the quarterly membship a few months ago and it is set to expire on 3-30. Now my question is if I stop it before that so I dont get charged what happens to my house? Do I need to sell it? Can I just no renew and dont do anything? I just dont want to be charged for anything if i choose not to renew. Also will the L that were given go away if I havent spent them all yet? Please if someone can help me out here, I just want to know what has to be done ahead of time. Thank you.

If you don't specifically take action to cancel your membership it will renew automatically with the payment information you have on file. You need to sell or abandon any land you have on the Mainland before you can cancel your membership. You will keep all the Lindens you currently have but will no longer get weekly payments.

Stand in the middle of your Linden home, click on the land details at the top of the screen, and choose "abandon land".

Then you need to come back here, scroll up to the top of this screen, click on the Second Life icon at the top left hand side of the screen to take you to your home page/dashboard.  Read the menu options that then come up (you might have to log in again).  Go into your account details and choose the option for going back to a basic account.

More information can be found on the official Second Life Knowledge Base - particularly this bit ...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Premium-membership/ta-p/1054477

Thank you, so if I stop my membership and want to get it back again would I get whatever offers they have at the moment for premium? Like becuase I had it before will they not treat me like a new premium member if i decide to rejoin? 

If it is a Linden Home you can only abandon it.  See Here:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Linden-Homes/ta-p/700103#Section_.3

If it is Mainland you can either try to sell it or abandon it. (Key word is "TRY") 

For selling, see here:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Selling-and-renting-land-to-others/ta-p/700135

To abandon, see here:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Abandoned-land/ta-p/846143#Section_.3

RJ3YO wrote:

Thank you, so if I stop my membership and want to get it back again would I get whatever offers they have at the moment for premium? Like becuase I had it before will they not treat me like a new premium member if i decide to rejoin? 

It will be according to what ever terms they state when you renew.

RJ3YO wrote:

If you decide to go back to a premium account at a later stage, you won't get a sign-up bonus (that is a one-off offer), but you would be able to acquire a Linden home again (subject to availability).

I was a premium member until April 2013, have been back to basic membership only since then, and I've found it cheaper to just rent if I feel the need for a home base inworld.

Like other people have said, you will need to specifically change/cancel your premium membership, otherwise it will automatically renew itself.

It sounds like you've gotten a Linden home and use it. Linden homes are for premium members to use for free. If you cancel premium, then you are in a way, cancelling your ability to live in a Linden home, as well as your ability to use/access certain premium-only features such as sandboxes, owning mainland, etc.

If you're sure you want to cancel, but before you do anything with your premium membership... go into your Linden home & "take" all your objects to ensure you don't lose them in a glitch. Then, while standing in your Linden home, you can go ahead & "abandon" it. Once that's done, go into your account online and change your membership down to a "Basic" membership. If you simply cancel without changing your account to Basic, you could suffer what some people have gone through -- and lose your account altogether! So make sure to change it to "Basic".

• 9 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.