I just upgraded my account and got my Linden Home .... How many prim do I have and how do I tell?

InsideOut Clip

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Congratulations!

Your Linden Home is on a 512 sq m parcel, so you have an allowance of 117 prims.  Unlike any other parcels in SL, the house doesn't count against the prim allowance on this one.  You can open World >>> About Land >>> Objects at any time to see how many prims (or the prim equivalent Land Impact) you have used and what's left.

To let your husband use the home as well, all you need to do is create a group and invite him to join. I strongly suggest inviting him as an Officer of the group, not as a co-owner.  SL is much like RL.  People have disagreements -- sometimes people who are very close.  Relationships are not always perfect or permanent.  Unfortunately, group ownership is.  Once a person is a group owner, you cannot force him to leave.  It's much wiser to create a second account for yourself (an alt) and let her be the group's co-owner.  You can always trust your alt.  (Well, I can usually trust mine.)

Anyway, once you have the group set up and have invited him to join, open About Land >>> General and SET the land to your new group (not Deed.  Deeding is different, and you can't deed a Linden Home anyway.).  Then go to the Options tab in About Land and set the options to allow only group members to create objects or bring objects into your parcel.  Finally, for some privacy, UNcheck the box that allows people outside your parcel to see and hear what goes on inside.

Welcome to home ownership.

EDIT:  I just discovered that you asked exactly the same question a month ago, and Knowl gave you exactly this same answer.  If you are having trouble with it, please click on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and select EDIT to tell us what's going on. Please do not start a new thread. Doing that makes it hard for us to see what other people have already suggested, and it pushes other residents' questions off the page.

• Like 2

Hi again, InsideOut!

You get 117 prims with the house, and the house does not count against that. You can monitor your prim usage in "World->Parcel Details". (I think, I'm working from fading memory here. ETA: yep I got it wrong.)

And here's a thread dealing with allowing guest access to your Linden Home...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Land/how-do-i-set-the-Access-for-my-linden-home/qaq-p/2417109

Have fun!

ETA: Ignore me and follow Rolig's advice!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.