Extreme Lag

Random Mefusula

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Could be there are things happening behind the scenes (check http://status.secondlifegrid.net/  to see if there is anything there that may be the cause).

Check also your internet connection; at peak times you may have many more users sharing your broadband service that can appear to slow your SL down, even if you are still finding it ok to view other websites.

Ensure you do not have too many windows open at the same time.

Ensure also your graphics card drivers are up-to-date, and that your computer is not overheating.

I don't think it's my connection... I suspect it has something to do with the latest SL viewer update.  The problem didn't happen until I did the update.  I read about the new liquid mesh and it said to get the latest download of the viewer because the collision skeleton was different to accomodate the liquid mesh clothing.  After doing that the lag was fierce and if I encountered any avatars the frame rate became impossible.  Now I can't use SL at all.

Random Mefusula wrote:

I don't think it's my connection... I suspect it has something to do with the latest SL viewer update.  The problem didn't happen until I did the update.  I read about the new liquid mesh and it said to get the latest download of the viewer because the collision skeleton was different to accomodate the liquid mesh clothing.  After doing that the lag was fierce and if I encountered any avatars the frame rate became impossible.  Now I can't use SL at all.

I see from earlier posts you have an older Mac, and I'm willing to bet it has an ATI video system. The latest changes to mesh rendering cause various problems on ATI Macs. The most reliable workaround has been to go to "Preferences" - "Graphics" and turn off "Hardware Skinning."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.