Ebbe Linden, Let Me Tell You A Story

Medhue Simoni

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

LaskyaClaren wrote:

Wooja wrote:

LaskyaClaren wrote:

I'm surprised that "Wooja" is not all over the fact that a thread dedicated to our new CEO has turned into a discussion of virtual lap dogs.

:-P

FIFY!

Woofa...frightensthelolcatsawayanyway

Grrrr. IT WAS A PUN!!!!!

When 100% of all previous postings by an avatar account have been impassioned and reasoned (see, I'm offering you a backhanded compliment) insertion of levity is not immediately credible unless signalled in some way - which is probably why emoticons (spit!) were invented, although historically it has been achievable by deliberate dumbing down of a normal standard of grammatical exactitude to generate a faux personality that is immediately obvious to most, although some ingenuous readers will still have problems.

I like the Grrr. It frightens even more of the lolcats away.

Wooja...believemeifisaidiknewitwasapunbutwantedtohighlightitincaseothersdidntunderstanditwasandwasright

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the backhanded compliment is appreciated. :-)

You are of course correct; I didn't signal the humour, and it was bound to fall flat as a result; vide supra Qwerty's response.

And I don't have enough energy to sound illiterate these days; it's hard work! I do think back fondly on some of those posts, but they were, as you note, rather too prone to evoking po-faced critique from the tone-deaf. Which in turn says something, I suppose, about the state of critical reading and writing skills nowadays.

Maybe I'll just stick to pretty pictures. I'm sure I have some of breedable kitties here somewhere . . .

Wooja wrote:

LaskyaClaren wrote:

Maybe I'll just stick to pretty pictures. I'm sure I have some of breedable kitties here somewhere . . .

Wooja...reallywantmetorunscreamingfromthisthread

Is it possible we have found the ultimate innoculum against a case of the Woojas?

;-)

Tsk.  'Stick'? to pretty pictures?  There is absolutely nothing wrong with pretty pictures.  Many a pretty picture has led me to a lovely sim.  Many a pretty picture has led me to purchase something.  I recall posting a photo of some boots on the forum and someone who shall go nameless got all excited over them.  :)

Venus Petrov wrote:

Tsk.  'Stick'? to pretty pictures?  There is absolutely nothing wrong with pretty pictures.  Many a pretty picture has led me to a lovely sim.  Many a pretty picture has led me to purchase something.  I recall posting a photo of some boots on the forum and
someone who shall go nameless
got all excited over them. 
:)

What? I knew there were trolls here, but VOLDEMORT!!!

(And he's a cross-dresser?)

Wooja...wishthemodswoulduseexpelliamusonthespammers

This is a story told in dozens of videos, taken on a weekend a couple of years ago - everyone on stage, and everyone in the audience, is an SLer.  Weekends like this one happen all over the place, every few months at least ...  SL is definitely about community.  

- Note the SL screen projection at the rear of the stage; live video was streamed inworld as well, for a completely mixed-reality experience.

I joined Second Life in October of 2008.  Played it for a week and couldn't figure it out for the life of me.  Put it down for about two weeks, and came back and I've been addicted ever since.  

It's a special place for me because I met my Real Life husband here.  We met in world two avatars ago in August of 2009. Met in Real Life in December of 2009 and now we are living together and married in Real Life.  We still play Second Life every day together as a Second Life couple also and more in love than ever.  

Fairytales do exist.  Even in a virtual world.  

=)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.