Sign in to follow this  
Pamela Faerye

WYSTENRA! DAMNED GOOD RENAISSANCE RP

Political intrigue and conflict. Sensuality and humor! Embark on a quest for power or live a simple village life in gorgeous Wystenra, an immersive castle and village roleplay. Our exciting Renaissance setting strives for realism: from corrupt power plays to benign day-to-day living.

In our full immersion roleplay, you can be any manner of nobility: local or foreign. You can be a commoner: merchant, tradesman or artisan. You can be a gypsy at our ready-made camp in the woods! You can also earn a knighthood in the Order of the Sapphire Sash. Besides great roleplay with many lovely ladies, we are organizing knights to participate in sparring and jousting tournaments!

Recently re-founded, Wystenra reflects the intrigue and devilish fun in "The Tudors" or "Borgia" TV dramas. Its fantastic build includes the king's intricately laid out palace and village level and another duchy level with a castle, village, farm and the gypsy camp.

So ... Think "The Tudors." Think "Borgia." Think damned good roleplay. And come see us. Contact Uri Jefferson or Moonshadow Landar.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Wystenra/123/127/3501

It is a realistic roleplay. (note the description above, lol)

So, no, it does not include furries, nekos, fantasy creatures such as vampires or lycans in the RP as there were no such creatures in reality in renaissance Europe. And this particular sim is not involved with Hastings Place or whatever you're talking about.

Thus, voiding all of your arguments, Wystenra is still a damned good renaissance RP.

And honestly, with all the drama going on in 1504 in Europe -- soon after the death of the Borgia pope -- there was plenty of intrigue, lust, love, danger and joy to work out on a basic human level to which most anyone can relate while dabbling in history.

So, yes fantasy sims are great and fine for people who want that. But we are probably one of the few medieval/renaissance sims that focus on realism.  :)

Hi DragonFan.  I am one of the owners of Wystenra.  I am sorry that our sim is not to your liking and I do understand why.  Some people like fantasy, some like realism, and we've chosen to go with realism.  We understand that that will not appeal to everyone, just as fantasy does not appeal to everyone.  So I can see why you would not like the sim, but that doesn't take away from the quality of the RP at our sim.  We have some very very good RP going there, very well thought out and a lot of fun.  I am not aware of what the Hastings Sim is either, but I can assure you that our sim is quite up to date for the time period it portrays.  It is a massive and very detailed build that his home to some top notch RP.  But again, it does focus on realism, which will not appeal to everyone that is looking for a place to RP.  If you've ever seen the Showtime show 'The Tudors' you would see what our type of RP is based off of, it's very realistic, very rugged, very political, where you never know just who to trust or who is after what.  There is a lot of intrigue and surprise in it and it really is good RP.  So again, I'm sorry that it was not to your liking, but realism is what we have decided to go with.  I wish you the best in finding a great RP sim that is fantasy as I know there are plenty out there.  Take care.

oh please your RP is not the greatest just because you guys are just as bad as Triskelion once was saying oh they don't allow anthro dragons though i will call that being prejudice and sadly i think i'd like to say that you need to be more open and stop judging dragons like they are because someone should have told you that you're intolerant of Anthro Dragons being there even though dragons are part of the whole Medieval theme so stick that in your pipe and smoke it

OK DragonFan, I have read some of your posts in other strings so can see better how your mind functions. But I will still respond to your last post here. *smiles*

1. There seems to be some confusion for you regarding the difference between fantasy medieval roleplay and realistic medieval roleplay themes. The words "Medieval" and "Renaissance" refer to periods in history. And I can safely promise you that if you time traveled back to the medieval or renaissance periods, you would find no talking dragons nor any anthropomorphic creatures. And it's OK. It really is. Talking dragons are very nice. I am quite fond of them at times. But, Wystenra has a great scenario focusing on realism.

2. We never said we were better than anyone else. Just that our roleplay and roleplayers are splendid. And, as the sim owner said, different roleplays with different story parameters appeal to different people. It allows something for almost everyone in SL. Some people want to sprinkle some fantasy into period roleplay. And some people just want to roleplay historic periods as they really were. And that's OK. It really is. *smiles*

I've been in Wystenra now for just under a month, and I'm quite enjoying myself.  However, the sim needs more male characters!  Seriously, 75% of the characters (mine included) are female, young and widowed.  Any guys joining in are going to have their pick of the litter.  So guys, get on down to court!