Is it OK for a merchant to harass a customer over a review?

0seagypsy0

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3718 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I bought an item in the marketplace. I liked the item fine except the provided alpha didn't cover all the areas of my avatar that bled through. I was able to make a custom alpha to correct the problem. I hadn't tried the demo first so I didn't feel justified in contacting the vendor and demanding a refund. And since I was able to make an alpha myself I didn't feel it necessary to bother the merchant, especially since her profile said not to send her IMs about the product. I don't know how to send notecards(noob), and to me it really wasn't that important to me. But I left a reasonably favorable review, and even gave hints on how to fix the alpha problem if anyone else had it. But the alpha was still not up to par so I gave the product 3 stars.... It took me several hours of very tedious work to create the new alpha since the mesh was no modify.

She then contacted me a few days later chewing me out and even after demonstrating for her with pictures and by TPing her to my location and modeling the shirt as it was originally sold to me, she then said it is my fault it wasn't working because I am fat... My avatar isn't fat.. But to prove a point, even when I make her the fattest she can be the alpha I created fixed the problem. She then said she was going to tell all her designer friends not to sell to me and flagged my review. Ultimately it looks like LL sided with me on the review because it is now back online. Though her comments below it, containing a snippet of a private Im session between us(omitting huge portions of her harassment), was removed.

If I had wanted to change the review, is that even possible? She kept insisting it was but I did not see any edit buttons when I logged into my market place>my account> order history> item in question> review. And is this sort of harassment appropriate in SL?

3 answers to this question

Simple answer..... NO. Berating a customer is never good form.

More complex answer, you have learned of a Merchant that you will never visit again.

You need to be careful; with product reviews. Changing them at a later date is not possible at this time. I reviewed a few of my own product reviews and no edit option was presented although you should be able to change or delete your own reviews. I'll try with a different Internet Browser.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Writing-item-reviews-on-the-Marketplace/ta-p/954941

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3718 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.