Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dresden Ceriano

Hello from Linden Lab’s New CEO

Recommended Posts


Dillon Levenque wrote:


Innula Zenovka wrote:

I found out about it because,
mentioned having seen the news "
in a different thread in a different forum."   I don't know where she saw it.

 

 

Probably Inara Pey. I know I saw the notice and Inara's is about the only blog I visit, or at least the one I visit most often. I get her article notices on my Feed.

 

(Edit) Yep. I saw it here:
. And it looks like you were right, Innula: it does say Jan 30 2014.

And I notice that Inara says at the bottom of her post "With thanks to Mona Eberhardt."  So did Mona stumble on this and tell Inara?

Regardless, it illustrates what I mean by "Dismal Communications."

Policy changes should be announced on the SL Blog.  Even if it's only a weekly recap.

No excuses, no exceptions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Perrie Juran wrote:


 

Regardless, it illustrates what I mean by "Dismal Communications."

Policy changes should be announced on the SL Blog.  Even if it's only a weekly recap.

No excuses, no exceptions.

 

No argument there. And even better would be the ability to comment with questions and actually see the questions answered.

No doubt it would inspire some flaming, but a one-purpose blog shouldn't be at all hard to moderate directly and weed out most of that stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Dillon Levenque wrote:


Perrie Juran wrote:


 

Regardless, it illustrates what I mean by "Dismal Communications."

Policy changes should be announced on the SL Blog.  Even if it's only a weekly recap.

No excuses, no exceptions.

 

No argument there. And even better would be the ability to comment with questions and actually see the questions answered.

No doubt it would inspire some flaming, but a one-purpose blog shouldn't be at all hard to moderate directly and weed out most of that stuff.

Remember the Red Zone debate in the JIRA's?  ;)

Some things could still turn into a huge mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Perrie Juran wrote:


Remember the Red Zone debate in the JIRA's? 
;)

Some things could still turn into a huge mess.

 

Yes, I do. But that was not the norm and even that was self-moderating after a while: you just learned whose posts to skip. A blog with weekly posts should be pretty easy to moderate for real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Perrie Juran wrote:


Dillon Levenque wrote:


Innula Zenovka wrote:

I found out about it because,
mentioned having seen the news "
in a different thread in a different forum."   I don't know where she saw it.

 

 

Probably Inara Pey. I know I saw the notice and Inara's is about the only blog I visit, or at least the one I visit most often. I get her article notices on my Feed.

 

(Edit) Yep. I saw it here:
. And it looks like you were right, Innula: it does say Jan 30 2014.

And I notice that Inara says at the bottom of her post "
With thanks to Mona Eberhardt.
"  So did Mona stumble on this and tell Inara?

Regardless, it illustrates what I mean by "Dismal Communications."

Policy changes should be announced on the SL Blog.  Even if it's only a weekly recap.

No excuses, no exceptions.

I used to keep an eye on jira updates, but never really set it up again after Google Reader was pulled.   That may have been where Mona saw it originally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am glat to see this news!  I was a victim of a land bot when I was kind of new.  Tried to sell a friend land for a dollar and a land bot sucked it up.  I even wrote a song about it!  Got away cheap compared to others I have heard about.  I was able to buy my land back a few days later for 700 lindens.

Innula Zenovka wrote:

You probably haven't noticed, since the change was made with very little publicity, but using LandBots to purchase mainland was banned at the end of January.  See
.  

While that probably won't stop the practice, it at least gives people grounds to AR the culprits. 

 

ETA   The change seems, in fact,  to have taken place Mid December 2013.   My mistake.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Innula Zenovka wrote:

I used to keep an eye on jira updates .....  

 

Me too!  Now I keep an eye on lola updates. 

I know it's more SL immersive, but it's also more pleasing to the eye. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Storm Clarence wrote:


Innula Zenovka wrote:

I used to keep an eye on jira updates .....  

 

Me too!  Now I keep an eye on lola updates. 

I know it's more SL immersive, but it's also more pleasing to the eye. 

Speak for yourself, sweety. =)

...Dres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Dresden Ceriano wrote:

 sweety. =)

 

I dislike it when you write words of affection you don't really mean.

/goes back to watching for lola updates.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Storm Clarence wrote:


Dresden Ceriano wrote:

 sweety. =)

 

I dislike it when you write words of affection you don't really mean.

/goes back to watching for lola updates.

 

 

You underestimate Dres's capacity for affection.

And of course your own overwhelming attractiveness, which holds nearly all of us in its thrall. :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


LaskyaClaren wrote:


Storm Clarence wrote:


Dresden Ceriano wrote:

 sweety. =)

 

I dislike it when you write words of affection you don't really mean.

/goes back to watching for lola updates.

 

 

You underestimate Dres's capacity for affection.

And of course your own overwhelming attractiveness, which holds nearly all of us in its thrall. :-)

I have to agree that it's quite a feat to try to control yourself when faced with the overwhelming attractiveness of he who calls himself Storm.  My only consolidation is that Pep is smart enough to know that I regularly spell sweetie incorrectly on purpose.

...Dres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Ebbe, Welcome & Congrats

While as a long term resident i offer no business advice on how to restructure second life but would ask you to do a set of things, Please!

Opensim is a parasite that eats at the fabric of our lives here.

I am sure you are a smart man & i can see you are the guy who will bring the needed change.

if you can please try to cut viewer support to opensim & any licenses that you can withdrawal.

I could try to list the million things wrong opensim has done against us. but for the love of god i hope their is a way you can end this disease. that takes every new feature you give us and they get it too without cost then badmouth LL in the process while trying to lure your customers over their.

There is nothing to lose cutting support. they are a parasite that gives nothing back. Good intentions was the labs intent in making the viewer free to use. but years later the costs to our world have been enormous.

 

Good luck to you & you will be the one who makes things right.  We believe in you:matte-motes-big-grin:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...