Sign in to follow this  

Where can I find my Chat logs? It shows nothing under "ME, Preferences, Chat."..there is no C:/

Question

It use to be that we could copy and paste chat...ie. when reporting a griefer or some abuse, but now I don't see how to find my Chat logs that are supposedly SAVED!  Saved where?  that's what I want to know.

2 answers to this question

Your public chat will only be saved if you have set that option specifically in Preferences >>> Privacy.  Your logs for IM and public chat, if saved, will be in your computer's AppData location.  You can find the location in Preferences >>> Network & Cache.

C:/ is the root directory on your PC's hard drive.

• Like 1

By default, if you're using Windows, all your chat and IM logs will be saved here:

chat logs folder.JPG

By default, Windows hides the .appdata folder, so you may need to follow the instructions here to reveal it and its contents.

If you're saving it, all your public chat is stored in a large .txt file called chat.txt.    Obviously if you're using a viewer other than the official one, it will show up under its own name (Firestorm, Singuarity, whatever) rather than SecondLife.

• Like 1