A Question About Movement On Firestorm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 894 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My apologies in advance if I'm not asking this question in the proper folder and for possibly asking a very simple question that I feel that I probably should know by now, but I have a question regarding how to move your avatar using Firestorm. I feel somewhat embarrassed for asking this question but I looked around online for a straight answer and couldn't find one.

So as you know, there are various different ways on how to move when using the Second Life Viewer; the arrow keys, the WASD keys and the number pad. However, on Firestorm, I am only able to move via the arrow keys.

This wasn't a problem for me until just a bit over a week ago when I started playing a Gor game that requires me chasing and being chased by other people. Jumping became a chore for me as I would have to let go of the mouse and jump using the Page Up button. Using the Second Life Viewer, I am able to jump using the "E" key just fine, but when I try using the WASD keys on Firestorm, I end up writing on local chat (waswdasdawdasdwawdaw is written when I try moving with WASD). This has made it an absolute challenge for me to catch opponents or to run away from them whenever I play the game.

Using Viewer 2 is out of the question due to how it would only give me more handicaps because of the lack of features it has compared to Firestorm (for example, I can't quickjump on Viewer 2)

My question is, how do I get my avatar to move using the WASD keys on Firestorm? I really would appreciate the help.

• 4 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 894 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.