It seems I lost almost 17.000 Lindens

c0sima

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

for two mesh template outfits. The funny thing is, I bought two sets and in both were the same cheap dress inside. I passed a note with my concern to the creator, NO response. In meanwhile the creator relisted the two products and added three new products but still didn't response to my note. I IMed this person and asked why I get no response and his/her response was only rude:  

Hello Miss " Cant Wait " ((I mean I did wait for few hours now right...o.O)  ok send a report so i cant help you... if a report can help , feel free , bye you are been muted. 

For those who work with mesh templates and found recently a leather& chaintop mesh template set (8.999 L$) or a ASIAN outfit as mesh template ((7.999L$), don't buy from this creator. Just in case you want the name/link with the MP store feel free to IM me. 

My apololgize for posting it here, I don't know where I could post it. I am only disappointed by such rudeness and fraud...

c0sima

Buying templates from unreputable stores goes with a big risk of beings scammed. That is the marketplace you see now-a-days :\ Try reporting it to linden labs. "Item is not as appears" Etc etc. Resident to resident dispute though, chances are they won't do anything.

Problem is you can't post here names even not the store link, thats annoying....no demos but the new handbags who this person released are with demos....If we can't post here who acts like that others might have similar issues. Result will be I won't buy mesh templates if there is NO DEMO especially if they are so expensive.

c0sima wrote:

for two mesh template outfits. The funny thing is, I bought two sets and in both were the same cheap dress inside. I passed a note with my concern to the creator, NO response. In meanwhile the creator
relisted
the two products and added three new products but still didn't response to my note. I IMed this person and asked why I get no response and his/her response was only rude:  

c0sima

I thought relisting was a violation of MP guidlines.

Disabling and Re-listing Items. This is considered misrepresentation. If you are trying to get more attention for your item, try using a Product Listing Enhancement.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/listing_guidelines?#re-listing-items

• Like 1

I think there is always a way to justify a relisting, like fixing a problem etc. One of the products I've bought it no longer listed.

Next time you need to make screenshots of your stuff/MP represäentation if you notice there is a problem with. If that person would be serious he would not have act like that, refund me if he don't want to fix it... but hey in some countries you can live well with 17.000 Lindens for MORE than a day. Fraud seems to become a common practise at the MP..:(

Perrie Juran wrote:

c0sima wrote:

for two mesh template outfits. The funny thing is, I bought two sets and in both were the same cheap dress inside. I passed a note with my concern to the creator, NO response. In meanwhile the creator
relisted
the two products and added three new products but still didn't response to my note. I IMed this person and asked why I get no response and his/her response was only rude:  

c0sima

I thought relisting was a violation of MP guidlines.

Disabling and Re-listing Items
. This is considered misrepresentation. If you are trying to get more attention for your item, try using a Product Listing Enhancement.

It is though their wording is very poor.

A merchant may "Un-list" and "List" but if you Un-list, one might consider the opposite of that to be re-list if the product had already been listed but it's not, it's just to list it again.

This is distinct from deleting a listing to clear all history of it, including reviews (good and bad) and then re-CREATE a new listing.  It is this process which is frowned upon but it happens frequently.  Sometimes deliberately, other times because the merchant doesn't know the way to do it properly in the Marketplace merchant homepage.

The problem is how to determine what is a new product and what is not.

"Black Dress" that gets 20 bad reviews turns up again as "Charcoal Dress" and if the merchant has made a tonal change to the product then technically it IS a different product since all the other colour variations are treated as unique products in the current implementation.

• Like 1

I had hoped the scams would settle down now that Mesh was out and you can not put it in your own name. It seems it has only gotten worse. I just got scammed myself on clothing products. Thank goodness not nearly as bad only 499L but I looked at the pictures and saw what I wanted in a bundled sale and purchased mostly empty boxes and what was there was all stolen.  It seems it is only getting worse which leads me to think LL is not doing a thing about it.

• Like 1

sluniverse seems a good place to name and shame

but they should really make a exception on naming and shaming for these type of cases where multiple persons get scammed as it's bad for their reputation having these kind of people around not banned for so long

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

PoosyKat LittleBoots wrote:

I to lost 7999L to this Kamran Field, after purchasing the asian suit set. I sent cards after card to her/him and never got a reply. all I got for my trouble was some horrid mesh thing and muted.

Now surely LL have some reponceability to at least  ban this person and quick?..

PoosyKat

The reason why its not allowed to name names in these forums is in case an innocent person is victimised because of a private vendetta against them. However, looking at this particular avatar you have named, although they still appear to be able to sell their goods on the Second Life Marketplace, they no longer exist inworld, which is why you won't have got any replies.

In your shoes, I would be contacting Linden Lab to say that you did in good faith make a purchase from this vendor, but as they are no longer in Second Life, have been unable to contact them, and it appears they have been banned. Ask Linden Lab to look into it for you and ask for a refund.  If indeed the person has been banned because of fraud, the money that you paid to the vendor may have gone into some Linden Lab owned black hole (office party fund? ;)  ) and that just is not fair.  It is quite a large sum of money to lose, and if you had known this vendor was no longer active inworld I am sure you would not have parted with your money.

I have submitted an inworld abuse report about this particular vendor, with my suspicions, so that LL can look into it.  As the vendor no longer exists inworld, I have used Governor Linden for the name on the form.  This is usual to do, as long as you remember to put the real offender's name clearly in the title/body of the abuse report form.

Wishing you and others in this thread luck against the scammers.

c0sima wrote:

I think there is always a way to justify a relisting, like fixing a problem etc. One of the products I've bought it no longer listed.

Listings can be edited when you are just changing things. I've done that many times before back when I was actively making things - before I gave up on the idea of a scripted height meter I'd edit it with an update regularly. It is still on my MP page (I think disabled unless I forgot to), in case I need to bring it back or something...

Rarely a reason to relist.

As for 'relisting because you got a fraudulent review' - I think I've had a review pulled once. Fuzzy memory. But in some other improper reviews on one of my free scripts, I just posted a response of what the user had been doing wrong.

(Scripts used to have to be sold on notecards, and I've had people complain it didn't work, because they trashed the notecards before reading the statement in them that would say: here is your script [attached object]. Now though, you can sell the script directly... so that kind of complaint has gone away.)

JasperHQ wrote:

Well LL ARE USELESS!! they said contact the seller even though i told them the account was deleted and then they closed the case well i guess thats it

I say it over and over again - don't buy stuff unless you've tried an inworld demo.

But I make the mistake myself as well from time to time. Bought some "mesh" items for my home the other day that turned out to be regular prims. Not even sculpty.

Its just something we need to remind ourselves of often. Always check the inworld store - and if there isn't one, buy from another brand.

I don't even need a demo of the item I want - I just need some proof that you're a legit business. Once I trust a seller, I'll buy from the sight-unseen. Some people get my sales simply because I know from experience they're delivering what they claim.

- But you need to win over each customer individually.

Every merchant should have a 512m shop somewhere, showing off their newest stuff, some demos, and a clickable link to their marketplace shop with all of "last seasons styles", with a webprim to something like a blog or flickr.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

JasperHQ wrote:

Well LL ARE USELESS!! they said contact the seller even though i told them the account was deleted and then they closed the case well i guess thats it

I say it over and over again - don't buy stuff unless you've tried an inworld demo.

But I make the mistake myself as well from time to time. Bought some "mesh" items for my home the other day that turned out to be regular prims. Not even sculpty.

Its just something we need to remind ourselves of often. Always check the inworld store - and if there isn't one, buy from another brand.

I don't even need a demo of the item I want - I just need some proof that you're a legit business. Once I trust a seller, I'll buy from the sight-unseen. Some people get my sales simply because I know from experience they're delivering what they claim.

Every merchant should have a 512m shop somewhere, showing off their newest stuff, some demos, and a clickable link to their marketplace shop with all of "last seasons styles", with a webprim to something like a blog or flickr.

Thats just rude and elitist. Not every merchant can afford an inworld store. There are tons of MP only merchants that are perfectly good to shop at. Myself being one of them.

You sound a lot like a certain moonbat from a few years ago that wanted the MP to be only for merchants that made enough to support RL.

ETA, how the hell is an inworld store "proof that you're a legit business" with all the copybots and business in a box crap inworld?

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

JasperHQ wrote:

Thats just rude and elitist. Not every merchant can afford an inworld store. There are tons of MP only merchants that are perfectly good to shop at. Myself being one of them.

Yes they all CAN afford an inworld store.

Breakdown:

http://catnapkitty.wordpress.com/2014/01/07/why-moving-a-shop-to-marketplace-hurts-the-sl-economy/

http://catnapkitty.wordpress.com/2014/01/08/when-does-it-become-more-costly-to-sell-on-marketplace-than-inworld/

Its not rude or elitist at all to expect that a person who is going to go out and make money hand over fist out of a game to put in a modest $9.95 or less back toward's that system's viability. $9.95 being the most expensive option: premium monthly. One can set up a shop for a LOT less through other means.

Especially when doing so can actually save them money (see my second link) if they are at all successful as a merchant.

Rather I'd say its a bit elitist for people who are making profit out of this thing to expect to be able to get a free ride off the backs of the rest of us.

I hardly ever post here and don't often read but since I make wholesale mesh (not clothes) I am going to add some thoughts.

1. I personally would never buy anything the least bit costly without seeing it in world or having a demo. Even if the clothing mesh LOOKED good in the store (rezzed) you can't tell how it would fit or move with you which is very important to customers  -- especially gals and dresses.  Once I had bought several items from someone that isn't so much an issue as someone also said, still I would want to know how clothing mesh moved and fit.

2. I agree that most folks  and certainly those selling high end expensive items should have a shop in world. I had a big shop in world for about a year until the TOS of August. Then lost all enthusiasm and closed my inworld shop.

3. I actually made just as much with NO shop and with no new releases. I suspect that is because there is a LOT of my stuff out there and people inspect it in other stores and find it that way -- so they have a demo more or less.

4. I just recently opened a shop again. I billed it as a showcase shop (again the idea was mentioned above). It is very nice in a brand new upscale area, plenty big for what I need and costs me less than a dollar a week. I could certainly afford more but I don't need more. I don't have many folks coming to the inworld shop, but it IS there if the people are potential new customers. I have both naked mesh and textured examples there. Not the whole Marketplace store but enough so they can see the quality of things.

5. I have not notice any improvement in sales since I opened that shop. But I feel better having it there and it costs me very little. Two people could go together on a shop even if  50 cents a week is more there style. :D. I really can't believe folks couldn't afford that. You can make that camping or over on the realms.

6. We can no longer only have an inworld shop, not if we want to be successful. With search being broken for so long people have been forced in many cases to move to the marketplace to shop. I was here when there was no marketplace and everyone shopped in world. That is still true on some platforms, but not in SL. I don't see that changing as search seems to get worse all the time.

• Like 1

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

JasperHQ wrote:

Rather I'd say its a bit elitist for people who are making profit out of this thing to expect to be able to get a free ride off the backs of the rest of us.

Who said anything about a free ride? I rent land, for my house. I had an inworld store for 3 years, never sold a damn thing out of it. Every single sale i have had came from the MP. Why should i keep spending money on an inworld store that makes no profit?

I have NEVER cashed any L$ out of SL. Not a single one, so your statements about keeing the ecomomy of SL going are Bull. Have you cashed out more than you have put in?  If so, you have not contributed to the SL economy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.