"Login Failed. Despite our best efforts, something unexpected has gone wrong".

Teagan Weezles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all!

For the past several weeks, I have been unable to log into SL.   I get the message "Login Failed. Despite our best efforts, something unexpected has gone wrong".

I'm running the Firestorm viewer and have tried with the current release as well as the latest Beta.  I've completely deleted and reinstalled the Firestorm app and all cache and settings files.   I've rebooted my computer as well as modem and router.   All other connectivity scores fast and clean on Speedtest and Pingtest.  I have disabled all Firewalls but no help.

I am at wits end on this one.  I've logged in from this same computer and connection without issue for a long time.   I posted this question earlier in the month in the Answers section, and a kind member replied to try some other regions including Smith or Pooley, but I get the same results.   But that thread has been closed as Answered.

Help!  I miss you all and can't log in!

Teagan

Teagan Weezles wrote:

Hi all!

For the past several weeks, I have been unable to log into SL.   I get the message "Login Failed. Despite our best efforts, something unexpected has gone wrong".

I'm running the Firestorm viewer and have tried with the current release as well as the latest Beta.  I've completely deleted and reinstalled the Firestorm app and all cache and settings files.   I've rebooted my computer as well as modem and router.   All other connectivity scores fast and clean on Speedtest and Pingtest.  I have disabled all Firewalls but no help.

I am at wits end on this one.  I've logged in from this same computer and connection without issue for a long time.   I posted this question earlier in the month in the Answers section, and a kind member replied to try some other regions including Smith or Pooley, but I get the same results.   But that thread has been closed as Answered.

Help!  I miss you all and can't log in!

Teagan

Have you tried the Officail Viewer.

Also, which version of Firestorm are you using?

I don't know the details if they have implemented it but the talk was they were going to disable log in with older versions.

Some more info here could be useful. 

ETA:  http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Login-failure/ta-p/700109

Ty Perrie for the reply-

Another member suggested some solutions and here's what I've tried.  Cleared DNS Cache, changed DNS servers, even opened a pristine new User Account on my Mac and tried that.   Rebooted everything many times.  I also tried the latest Secondlife viewer as well as the latest Firestorm Viewers after completely deleting and reinstalling.   I always get the same result: "Login Failed. Despite our best efforts, something unexpected has gone wrong".  FWIW, I am running an iMac running OS X Mavericks with the latest updates to everything.

Now- here is a new clue.   This is what appears in my Console Application when I try to launch Firestorm or SL:

2/17/14 1:25:19.828 PM SLPlugin[2125]: Cannot recognize type of executable for CFBundle 0x19e6850 </Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Windows Media Plugin> (not loaded)

2/17/14 1:25:19.846 PM SLPlugin[2125]: Cannot find executable for CFBundle 0x1950dc0 </Library/Internet Plug-Ins/AuthorwareWebPlayer-PPC folder> (not loaded)
2/17/14 1:25:19.847 PM SLPlugin[2125]: Error loading /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/MacOS/JavaAppletPlugin: dlopen(/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/MacOS/JavaAppletPlugin, 265): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/MacOS/JavaAppletPlugin: mach-o, but wrong architecture
2/17/14 1:25:19.862 PM SLPlugin[2125]: Cannot recognize type of executable for CFBundle 0x1989f60 </Library/Internet Plug-Ins/DRM Plugin.bundle> (not loaded)
2/17/14 1:25:19.871 PM SLPlugin[2125]: Cannot recognize type of executable for CFBundle 0x19f2a30 </Library/Internet Plug-Ins/ipxBrowserPlugin> (not loaded)

I am certainly no Developer, so I don't know which of those above Plugins are essential for SL to run.   I tried a Repair Permissions, but that did not help.

I am not having any problems with any other applications on my entire System, so just not sure how SL got so screwed up.  Help!

Hugs!   Teagan

Well it only seems to get worse- or at least more mysterious. I tried logging in from a friends computer and I get the same error. I then tried on a Windows PC using the lightweight text-based Viewer Radegast. I get a similar error- "can't connect to the login server." What is interesting is that I was able to log into the SL Beta SIM, but never the real SL world.

I've formally opened a support Ticket with LL, but it hasn't progressed from a status of New since I filed it yesterday. Hoping somebody will look at it today.

Hugs and kisses and hoping to be back soon!

Teagan

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.