Avatar not capable of usual speeds since the Rolling Restarts on 11th.

RainInTheNight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ever since the Rolling Restarts that happened on the 11th, the usual speeds and times I've typically gotten on the boards at race tracks no longer seem possible. Everything is slowed down, and dulled somehow.

At first I thought it was just the sim I was on, so I compared elsewhere, and no, it is everywhere. Next, I considered it was the vehicle I was using may have gotten bad somehow, so I tried several different new copies. Same problem.

It has been several days since the first I noticed this problem, and it is still present as I'm still experiencing it even a few minutes before I made this post.

Does anyone have any insight into what the deal is? Did LL change something about the physics? Or bring the max speed down or something?

It is a problem.

Greetings Rainin,

I have a full sim race track and i did some careful testing this morning to see if i could detect any change in average velocity of race cars  or in Lap times.  All speeds and times was  same as it has been for last 2 years. in fact i came very close to setting a new track record !  (record  was 155.25 seconds for 10 laps  and i did 155.46 seconds today.)

My speed  averages 200 km/hr or 55 meters/sec  with my F1 type cars.

i also tested  with a super fast  car and was able to do 300 km/hour .   so....the  speed limits in sl have not changed since last server update.

I would suggest that you  ask either the Estate Manager or   Lindens  to restart  your  Region.

If you are still having problems after that you can IM me  and   ill give you  LM  to  do some test at My track   with your cars  and  my cars.

Good racing :)

Thanks for the replies. It's been a few days and the problem remains present. Since the restart, it now requires several gears higher to reach times on boards that previously only required lower gears. I don't know what the problem is.

Temin, I appreciate you checking it out for yourself, that was a really big help, especially including details that you did.

I've spoken to others, and they haven't noticed much difference, but I'm riding at the upper end of the maximum avatar speeds SL allows, so I suspect things are much more sensitive up there than in typical speed ranges; typical ranges being what those I've spoken to ride in. I'll speak to someone else who uses the same vehicle as mine when I get a hold of him, and see what he has to say, because he did notice what I am describing on the 11th, but I haven't followed up with him since then.

I will try with a noob avatar, as per suggestion, and post a follow-up soon.

If either of you, or anyone catches wind of details surrounding this, or experience changes yourselves, please share.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.