can i be builder and build Buildings and sell the buildings and earn L$?

eamedo1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Yes you can.  Start by learning how to build with the Second Life building tools.  There are good tutorials at The Ivory Tower Library of Primitives.

If you can already model in a program like Blender, Maya, or LightWave 3D, you can also create the newest type of Second Life objects, Mesh.

• Like 1

Yes, of course!  Every SL resident has the basic tools for building, texturing, and scripting.  Once you learn how to use the tools yourself, you can build anything  you like, and you can try to sell it.  The big catch, of course, is that everyone else can build too, so you have a lot of competition.  If you expect to make lots of money, you'll have to come up with innovative designs and then be able to turn out high quality products.  That can take a bit of time, but you'll have fun.  (I do fairly well with sales after 7 years of practice, but for the first couple of years that I was making things for sale, I think I was lucky to make L$200 a month.  I was pretty bad.  :smileyfrustrated: )

Lindal gave you some good suggestions about how to get started.  I'd add that you can take free classes in each of the important skills at Builder's Brewery, Caledon Oxbridge University, and NCI in world. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.