Sign in to follow this  
DrewMuir

Companion sought for medieval adventures

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

(( Open to any age or gender. Human prefered but not required. Open to new RPers and veterans alike. I do have a destination in mind but I'm open to discussion on that, especially if you're already embedded somewhere.  ))

(( Available from 6 am - 4pm SLT, mostly weekdays. Later than that would be sporadic but occasionally doable. ))

Now for the hard part, telling you about myself. I am male, human, 16-18 (haven't decided yet). I'm friendly but not explicitly outgoing. I've spent my whole life in a small village. I understand that some people are satisfied with that. I don't blame them. But when the storytellers come with their epics and their adventures, I can't help but want more. There's so much to the world that I haven't experienced.

My mother has always told me that it's natural to feel that way, when you're youngMy father just gives me his calm smile and sends me out. "Hard work soothes the restless soul," he says.

When I told them of my decision to leave, my mother cried. My father sighed. I'll come back though, I promise.

(( This is a new character for me so there's lots of room for growth and change. The avie is brand spankin' new, strange phrase... As for myself, I've been in and out of SL for 8 years. I've taken a rather long hiatus and now I'm looking to get back in and meet some new people. I'm going to be a slow poster until I have a feel for things. Though I may just always be a slow poster. That's really a matter of opinion. ))

(( I'm trying to expand as a writer. Currently, I'd say my biggest weakness is use of the descriptive. Whether you're trying to grow as a writer or just looking for some fun RP, I do prefer someone who is willing to plot/coordinate so that we can both get the most from our characters. ))

(( I prefer depth of story over drama. Heck, I'm not even looking to be a hero. I actually like playing support characters that lend more towards someone else's story rather than taking the spotlight for themselves. ))

(( So, if you're generally interested, even if it's not specifically in this character, then contact me as drewmuir in world. I'm always happy to make a new friend. ))

I am theoretically interested in this though our online times don't mesh too well; I am in the UK but often busy in the evenings and weekends are usually better for me than weekdays. Online mainly at weekends up to about 1pm - my RL spouse doesn't like me wasting ALL night on the computer!. Same time on random weekdays once or twice a week depending on work. Occasionally later up to about 4pm.

I'm a RL history buff and it seems to me that roleplay is where most of the historical content in SL can be found. Medieaval and pre-medieaval are my main areas of interest. But not Gor or anything sexual.

I'm also a writer and have been writing fantasy and participating in written roleplay (outside of SL) for many years.

I don't have a particular character in mind and I think I would want to develop that in conjunction with whatever setting I might get involved in.  My avatar is male, looks about mid-twenties, has a Middle Eastern/Indian appearance (though I'm open to change that if appropriate).

IM me in-world if you're interested.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.