How to get seperate IM windows automatically?

Bane Bracken

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I cannot figure out how to have seperate IM windows automatically on Second Life viewer, I have been using Firestorm for a long time now and when I heard that the official viewer had fitted mesh, I downloaded it again.

Although you can seperate the IM windows from the tabbed window, its still very messy and nothing at all like it used to be. Remember when IM's would be little boxes to the top right of the screen? and you would just click those and it would bring up the conversation, since downloading the SL viewer recently, its like that feature is gone, am I missing something?

I believe what im referring to are called 'open floaters the chiclets' style IM's

8 answers to this question

Steph is right.  That style disappeared from the Linden Lab viewer a year ago when they introduced CHUI. If you like the way Firestorm does it, stay with Firestorm.  If you prefer the LL viewer for other features, you'll have to accept the way it handles chat and IMs.

BTW, fitted mesh has been introduced in this latest upgrade of the Linden Lab viewer, but you aren't likely to see much of it on the market until creators learn how to use the feature.  By then, it wil be common across all major viewers.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.