I cant log into sl forums with my other avatar

Eirlys Rhiannyr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

im trying to sign in to these forums with my other avatar

so i sign this one out and click sign in and automatically im signed again, it never goes to the sign in page...

ive signed into dashboard with the other avatar and still when i go to slforums, this avatar here gets automatically signed in again.

hoping that someone can point out to me what im doing wrong! thanks guys :)

2 answers to this question

That happens all the time.  The only way to beat it is to be patient and refresh your screen before you log in.  Even then, you can find the active account changing unexpectedly.  The bottom line is that you can't have two accounts open in the forums at the same time or they compete with each other.  If the software even thinks that you have two accounts open at once, it gets confused.

• Like 1

Hi Eirlys,

I encounter this problem now and then. It may be that the website isn't managing session cookies correctly and so leaves behind a breadcrumb that it recognizes when you click "Sign In" intending to use a different avatar. Rather than asking for a name and password, it just logs in the avatar that you just logged out.

I can work around this by quitting and relaunching my browser, or sometimes by logging out of other SL web properties, like the feeds or my dashboard. I imagine that logging out of other parts of the website flushes the session cookie that's messing up forum log-in.

That's my long winded way of saying you ain't doing nuthin' wrong.

;-)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.