This is the last straw

Kelley Foxclaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Before all you people jump in and tell me to clear my cache, listen

Tonight I logged on and found myself wearing everything that I have built, I mean everything, trees, buildings, swimming pools,  enough where it took me two hours to finally remove all these items.  I'm not new here so I don't want to hear all this cache crap.  I reloaded my browser from by deleting all caches, the via the browser, uninstalled.  Several computers in my house saw the same glitch.  Explain it to me,  and I'm not a patient person.  This issue happened cross browsers  SL V3  Firestorm, and the 64 bit version of firestorm.  I have spent a tremendous amount of money in this site, and this is what I get?

Funny, as being a premium member for several years, I still can't get phone or support tickets ever answered.

Money paid, services rendered, at least that's how life should work

Someone explain this to me

Wearing your entire inventory is not unheard of. In fact it's happened often enough that the Phoenix/Firestorm people have a wiki page dedicated to it...

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/wearing_entire_inventory

Bringing your attitude here does you no good. We're not Lindens, we're residents just like you.

If you want better help than we're able to offer, look elsewhere.

ETA: Another relevant link...

http://blog.nalates.net/2012/05/11/second-life-wearing-all-inventory/

Kelley Foxclaw wrote:

Tonight I logged on and found myself wearing everything that I have built, I mean everything, trees, buildings, swimming pools,  enough where it took me two hours to finally remove all these items.  I'm not new here so I don't want to hear all this cache crap.  I reloaded my browser from by deleting all caches, the via the browser, uninstalled.  Several computers in my house saw the same glitch.  Explain it to me,  and I'm not a patient person.  This issue happened cross browsers  SL V3  Firestorm, and the 64 bit version of firestorm.  I have spent a tremendous amount of money in this site, and this is what I get?

Funny, as being a premium member for several years, I still can't get phone or support tickets ever answered.

You're wearing your entire inventory because you had your inventory folder selected and you hit "Wear." Sometimes when you've selected a folder and you get a notification, etc. the "focus" of the inventory panel will shift up a level before you notice it. That's why it's safer to use the new outfit panel instead of folders. You've already been told how to fix this.

Kelley Foxclaw wrote:

I do not get paid by LL or anyone else, so I certainly do not have to read abusive OP,s that obviously do not have any manners what so ever. If you want to rant at innocent people then do it to LL employees, who will probably just cut you off because they do not deserve it either.. Also keep your gutter language out of the public forums, I for one was not raised to read that sort of language

Kelley Foxclaw wrote:

I love the 'you people'.  That phrase is never followed by anything good.  Despite your attitude you got your answer in reference to your wearing your inventory without one person saying clear cache.

As to your membership, I can't explain ...maybe you can.

Unless you own mainland, why are you still a premium member when you can get the same lack of service for free?

Are you trying to be mean to Kelley or do you know know that clearing cache is something people have been told NOT to do for the last couple of years?

Long ago the cache was changed from relying on the operating system to find and delete cache files by reading operating file sysetm data, which was a slow process, to an indexed file system handled by the viewer, much faster. Just recently the cache was redone in part as part of the Sunshne Project as a follow up to fixing Server Side Avatar Baking problems.

Plus the HTTP Project isnow working providing better ways to use the cache and download files. (There is an HTTP Project Viewer available) As a part of that change there has been discusion of having the servers ignore viewers that make too many demands on the servers. The result would be the ignored viewer is even slower. It is unclear if they will actually implement that tactic. That 'high setting' thing has been happening with mesh as people changed the Debug Setting for max mesh download threads to redicuously high values.

What I am saying is most of the reasons people think they have for clearning cache are out of date and produce the opposite of the intended results.

DO NOT clear cache unless you know you have a corrupt texture/mesh index or texture downloads, which is REALLY RARE since more HTTP stuff started being updated.

Nalates Urriah wrote:

Are you trying to be mean to Kelley or do you know know that clearing cache is something people have been told NOT to do for the last couple of years?

Neither, I was simply being contrary.  But, thank you for the concise, informative explanation as to exactly why it should be avoided.

...Dres

Clearing the cache is still promulgated as a catch all fix across the grid. 

Unfortuneately because sometimes a problem goes away after clearing their cache people conclude that was the solution when it was only coincidental that the actual cause of the problem went away at the same time they cleared the cache.

When I first read the OP I kind of laughed because as a regular poster here I know most of us know that clearing the cache is not a fix all.  It would be the last thing we'd suggest.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Unfortuneately because sometimes a problem goes away after clearing their cache people conclude that was the solution when it was only coincidental that the actual cause of the problem went away at the same time they cleared the cache.

When I first read the OP I kind of laughed because as a regular poster here I know most of us know that clearing the cache is not a fix all.  It would be the last thing we'd suggest.

The Firestorm team tells you not to clear cache unless you are doing a clean install.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

The Firestorm team tells you not to clear cache unless you are doing a clean install.

Before installing some (all??) of their updates they have recommended clean installs.

I've lived dangerously not doing this.

One day that may come back to bite me.  ;)

Perrie Juran wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Before installing some (all??) of their updates they have recommended clean installs.

I've lived dangerously not doing this.

One day that may come back to bite me. 
;)

You rebelious rebel you. :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

• 3 weeks later...

MizzKittenzz wrote:

Save your money, don't waste it on this game... and don't waste your time here, they won't help you or shall I say they cant, they lack the knowledge. 

It's not a game.

We have all the knowledge of a combined community with 10 years experience.

For some reason you refused to try any of the help suggested to you.

I literally tried it all, then again I knew going in that it was not my pc, my Internet connection, or my firewall... Your 10 years experience should tell you that not every issue is because of someone's "Internet connection". My pc is running with 8 gigs ram, 1 whole terabyte for the hard drive, and the latest and greatest for the video card, so it's def not my pc. As for my connection as was suggested that it may be by "the community with 10 years experience" it was not, I tested that and I knew it wasn't on my end to begin with as I can run any game, games with way better graphics... and yes second life is a game it's not real...

MizzKittenzz wrote:

I literally tried it all, then again I knew going in that it was not my pc, my Internet connection, or my firewall... Your 10 years experience should tell you that not every issue is because of someone's "Internet connection". My pc is running with 8 gigs ram, 1 whole terabyte for the hard drive, and the latest and greatest for the video card, so it's def not my pc. As for my connection as was suggested that it may be by "the community with 10 years experience" it was not, I tested that and I knew it wasn't on my end to begin with as I can run any game, games with way better graphics... and yes second life is a game it's not real...

Since you know what the issue is so much better than anyone else, I can only surmise that your post here asking for help was just a lame attempt to troll the very people that stepped up to offer you that help.  I'm glad I didn't waste my time.

...Dres

MizzKittenzz wrote:

No, you didn't. have you tried a TPV?

Please stop with the "My pc is running with 8 gigs ram, 1 whole terabyte for the hard drive, and the latest and greatest for the video card (a AMD RadeonHD 6670)."

I have 16 GB of RAM, 4 TB of hard drive space and a Nvidia GTX 650 TI with a water cooled processor. Your video card is hardly the latest and greatest. 1 TB for a "gaming system" is laughable as is 8 GB of RAM.

HERE Is a comparison of the two cards.

SL has more of a graphics draw than any other game like program I have come across.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

I have 16 GB of RAM, 4 TB of hard drive space and a Nvidia GTX 650 TI with a water cooled processor. Your video card is hardly the latest and greatest. 1 TB for a "gaming system" is laughable as is 8 GB of RAM.

If you ever get a new computer can I has your old one?

Perrie Juran wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

If you ever get a new computer can I has your old one?

only if i can visit Mars..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.