How do I disable this new Idle, Focus tag in the SL viewer

Gina Sheriffe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3705 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

This seems to be something that's been added to the "Show Look At" targeting cursors.  The notations are showing whether the camera associated with that cursor is actually focused on a particular object, looking at it but not "focused" on it ("focus" means the user has clicked ALT to lock the camera to that object or avatar), or is just idle.

My suggestion would be to disable Show Look At (Develop menu/Avatar/Show Look At).  Those cursors clutter up the screen, and they cause more distress and argument than they are worth.  Why, after all, should you care if someone is looking at you?

OK I've found a workaround, go to program files/secondlifeviewer/character and you will find the attentions.xml file. Open this with notepad and edit the "Hover" "Select" and "Focus" values to 0.0 (they are something like 4.0, 6.0 & 6.0 originally)

The focus crosshair no longer appears (idle & freelook do) and the tell tale "Focus" tag also is not in evidence, no more puffed up self important girls revelling in the fact you are focusing on their avatars and then having the pleasure of being snotty with you about it ;)

Result :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3705 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.