Account On Hold-Stolen money

yourworstnightmaree

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3718 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello Everybody. So ,i met a guy who gave me 10K and we decided to start a bussines (zyngo games) . He bought the land and games and i did the groups. Anyway,after 3 hours we opened the land,and i received an IM from a woman.She told me that the guy stole her money from her card,i told him what happened but he said that the woman lies. I did not know what to do,he told me that if the LL finds him guilty,he will give her money back. So,i today i tried to log in in my main account,it says'Your account is on an Administrative hold'.Now,i am not sure what to believe. I am sure he IS a hacker,so i think there are 2 possibilities:

-LL thinks that i can be guilty too

-He hacked my account and LL put my account on hold for my safe.

Now,there are other 2 problems:

The id i joined SL is blocked,so i will not see what LL sends to me

I would love to call LL,but it is really expensive. If anyone can help me,i feel really bad,he fooled me and now my account is blocked and i don't know what to do. Thank you in advance.

4 answers to this question

When Linden Lab investigates a theft like that, they freeze all related accounts until they can figure out what is going on, to prevent the bad guy from moving the stolen money again. For now, all you can do is wait until Linden Lab finishes investigating.  If the money was indeed stolen, Linden Lab will take it back and give it to the person who was robbed.  They will then decide what sort of punishment is appropriate.  They will probably try to notify you by e-mail if they decide that you should share any sanction.  Be sure to keep your e-mail address up to date in your dashboard at secondlife.com >>> Account >>> Contact Information, and check your e-mail's spam filter periodically.

• Like 1

LL is not lenient at all to people who buy $L with a stolen credit card, OR to people who then receive these illegally-obtained $L.  They may simply take the money you received from him away from you...but they could also charge you with a 50% penalty...a fine of $L5,000.  Or, because of the new stricter government regulations on virtual currencies, they might ban your account completely, and even prevent you from making another account and re-entering Second Life.

Having an aggressive user name like "yourworstnightmaree" isn't going to help your case, either.

What you SHOULD have done is to have contacted LL as soon as you knew that the money he gave you might have been stolen.  What you should do now is open a support case.  Explain the entire event as clearly as you can, and hope for the best.

The truth of the matter is that, knowingly or not, you are an accomplice in an actual crime...credit card theft... and you accepted stolen goods (money laundering.)  You can consider yourself lucky that the worst that's likely to happen is that you won't be able to use Second Life any more.  The amounts involved are too small for there to be much chance of you being charged in Real Life.

Next time, be more careful in picking your friends, doubly careful in picking your business partners, and think three times before deciding to open a business like a Zyngo parlor.  Zyngo is not, technically speaking, gambling, and it is allowed by LL...but it also has something of a shady reputation.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3718 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.