Accessing account that's "on hold?"

Christina Velinov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have email access to this account as well as the correct password. However, when I log in . . . it says "account on hold contact <phone> or put in a ticket." When I put in a ticket I get no response and when I call the number I get VERY UNCOOPERATIVE people. I've called 4 times and they were all extremely rude and told me without the secret question they could not help me. Even though the website says to contact them if you forget your secret question to reset it. They offered no alternative to verifying the account and treated me like I was trying to hyjack someones account by guessing.

After spending so many thousands of real dollars on this game I feel betrayed that they won't give me an alt account back that I CAN LOG INTO. I believe the account is on hold due to too many incorrect login attempts . . . I never did anything against the rules.

Is there anyway I can bypass these unhelpful people and find someone willing to work with me to find a solution or is this account as good as gone?

PS: It's not this one — obviously.

1. How long have you known that the account has been on hold?
  2. How long ago did you submit the ticket?
  3. Are you calling Phone Support rude simply because they can't/won't help you unless you provide the answer to your secret question?  If they are not 'helping' you because you can't supply it then they are doing the right thing because over the phone that is the only verification they have that you are the actual owner of the account.

Jennifer Boyle wrote:

Where can I find my secret question and answer?  After reading this thread, I thought I better review mine.  It's been so long since I signed up that I don't remember having one, and I sure don't know what it is.

This is a very good question.  I have no recollection of providing any secret answers to any secret questions.  But considering how bad LL is at such things, they very well could have implimented secret questions into their system without ever informing people they needed to set one up, nor how to do so.  I've read that, should you forget your password, they actually ask that you to provide three first names which match the three last names of people from your friend list which they choose for you... at which point, you very well may end up getting Resident for all three last names.  Talk about incompetence.

...Dres

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

When i signed up in 2006 i was asked to give them a secret question and my answer to it, so its not a recent thing by any means.  It's part of the sign up process.

I take your word for it... I just don't remember it, nor would I remember my answer if asked to provide it.  It would be nice to be able to change it to something that I would know, but I see no way in which to do that whatsoever.  Guess I'm lucky I was never asked for it before.

...Dres

I tried changing mine ..it is not possible..They do tell you to call to "reset"your secret question and answer. However that is not what happens.. i sugges calling the number having the patience of a saint and go through the long process.. It really only bothers people when your account has not been comprimised.. Trust me having had identity theft issues ( NOT HERE) on other sites... you will be glad you have the security :)

patience you can get it back and they will help you reset your password.. security question tho i have had no luck with 

good luck

password.jpg

Jennifer Boyle wrote:

Where can I find my secret question and answer?  After reading this thread, I thought I better review mine.  It's been so long since I signed up that I don't remember having one, and I sure don't know what it is.

To the best of my knowledge there is no way to see or redo your secret question on the Website.  I'm not even sure Support can help with this.

The one time I had to do a password reset Support did not ask me what my 'secret question' was, they asked me for the answer.  In other words the conversation went like this.

Support:  "I need to get the answer to your secret question. What was your first dog's name?"

Me:  "I never had a dog."

(when I do secret answers I like to confusticate them a little)

Really, hiding the secret question after account set up does make sense.  If a hacker had access to change it, it could render account retrieval almost impossible.

P.s, the above example is made up, I avoid using pets for my secret question.

Cella Core wrote:

My biggest issue is you CANNOT change it 

I have had a severe brain truama and I cannot remember some things i did 4 or 5 years ago let alone an answer i may have written.. there should be some way we can update our information including security questions and answers
:)

I can understand your conundrum.

Whether Support can help with this I don't know.

My take on it is that it should not be easy to do.

Hopefully you answered accurately to a question you do remember the answer too.  The questions are not that obscure:  First pet's name, street you grew up on, name of your high school, Mother's maiden name and similar.  Those are pretty typical of the types of questions all web sites use.

Perrie Juran wrote:

The questions are not that obscure:  First pet's name, street you grew up on, name of your high school, Mother's maiden name and similar.  Those are pretty typical of the types of questions all web sites use.

I have always viewed such questions as an attempted invasion of my privacy and, like you, provide nonsense answers. And because I am not answering accurately, it's up to me to remember the silly answers I give. I do this by giving the same answer to every secret question. So, I grew up on a street that shares the name of my school, my mother, my first pet, my birth city and my favorite music group.

I can't wait to be interrogated by the NSA.

Cella Core wrote:

My biggest issue is you CANNOT change it 

I have had a severe brain truama and I cannot remember some things i did 4 or 5 years ago let alone an answer i may have written.. there should be some way we can update our information including security questions and answers
:)

if it could be easily changed a cracker who stole your account can change it. As is, it's a way to help verify that you're the legitimate account owner in order to get it back.

Its not the secret question you need to know, but the secret answer to the secret question. They should have the secret question to hand, and that should be clue enough for you to reveal the answer.

Take a deep breath (or six!) and start all over again with a brand new support ticket as though you are a brand new enquirer.  Maybe you will drop lucky with a different advisor.

I do recall when I opened my original account, and some (but not all) of my subsequent alt accounts, having to make up a secret question and answer.  Favourite film, favourite holiday destination, these come to mind. However, over the years, the answers to these questions certainly can change!

Wishing you luck, and an extra parcel of patience.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.