If I rent off mainland land

LND3743

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

I answered this question for you when you asked earlier today, but in case you missed it, let me rephrase it a different way. ....

Your Premium land fee waiver applies only to land that you own, not to land that you rent.  As a renter, you do not pay "tier."  The landowner does, and then you pay the landowner.  It doesn't make any difference whether you are on the mainland or on a private estate.  You can't use your waiver to reduce the fees on someone else's land. 

As I suggested earlier, however, you could use your waiver as a way to generate some rental income for yourself to partially offset your costs.  Buy a 512 sq m parcel on the mainland and rent it out.  Your waiver will cover the monthly "tier" costs, so any rent you take in will be profit.  You can earn back the purchase price of that 512 sq m parcel in a few months and then apply any future rental income to paying the rent on your private estate home.  It's indirect, but you will be getting some monetary benefit from your Premium land fee waiver. 

Besides Rolig's suggestion, there's another way you can make a little money with your "free" tier allowance of 512 sq. meters.  Some land owning groups will pay you money to rent your spare tier from you.  You donate that tier to their group, and in turn, they pay you monthly or weekly, and use your tier (and others') to help pay for the land ownership fees on the group's land.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.