I would like to move to a place where I can chose my own design. What do I do?

Pawnsquared

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

1. Stand in your Linden Home.

2. Pick up all your stuff, one item at a time, and put it back in inventory.

3.  Open World >>. About Land >>> General and click Abandon Land

Then go find another piece of land to buy or rent.  Your Premium land fee waiver will cover the monthly land fees for any 512 sq m parcel of land you own on the Mainland.  It won't pay for land fees on a private estate or apply toward rent on land anywhere, but you may want to consider those options anyway if the land is attractive.  Once you find a piece of land, pay for it and start living.  You can buy a prefab from a builder or you can build whatever you like.

Before you make any big steps, I suggest reading relevant Knowledge Base articles, starting with http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Buying-land/ta-p/700043

I also suggest taking Lindal Kidd's FREE class in land ownership and management at Caledon Oxbridge University in world on Friday evening at 5 SLT.

You have two basic choices:

1. Keep your premium account status, abandon your Linden house, and buy a parcel on the mainland. This gives you maxium freedom to build any theme, within the 'Maturity Rating' of that region (A = Adult, M = Moderate, G = General). Keep in mind that your neighbors will have the same freedom, provided they stay within the maturity rating. See: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Maturity-ratings/ta-p/700119

2. You don't need a premium account to rent land or a house from a landlord. Private estates often provide a much more unified theme, since the landlord enforces rules about what everyone can build. The landlord can kick you out if you don't follow the rules.

Special considerations:

Linden homes do not count against the 512m parcel capacity of 117. Therefore, you can use the full 117 LI for furnature and decorations in your Linden home. Private homes (mainland or rental) DO count against the parcel capacity. Meaning the house itself takes up some Land Impacts (also called Prims). 512 m2 of land only gives 117 LI which is not much after you deduct the LI of a house. The first 512 m2 of land ownership is covered by your premium account. If you want more land, you will have to pay an additional 'Tier' charge every month. Tier is confusing. Tier is not land. Tier is a license to hold up to a specified maxium amount of land. See: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Buying-land/ta-p/700043

If the same person or group owns multiple parcels in the same region, all those parcels share LI capacity. This means if you run out of 'prim' capacity in your house parcel, you can solve the problem by purchasing some other parcel anywhere in the same region. You will have to pay Tier based on the maxium amount of land you owned at any time during the month.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.