Competition For Occulous Rift?

Perrie Juran

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sy Beck wrote:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Sy Beck wrote:

Maddy,

Look again at the question in the title of the OP.

Yes or no?  I'll argue your technophobia and nihilism in another thread.

ETA Steve Jobs was not dumb Mac adherents are dumb, yeah I said it.

ETA I know what you think because you write extensively, unless.....

P.S Can we have a baby?

When did OPs start constraining threads here?

I don't believe Glyph is competition for anything. So that would be a "no".

Technophobia? I retired from a career as a technologist.

Nihilism? I'm an optimist and I've no idea what the future will be like. But I would be surprised to see Oculus Rift or Glyph mentioned in the history books. But Glass will be, even if only by virtue of being the brainchild of the world's largest historian.

Adherents might be dumb, I don't go by the book because of that concern. But I don't know that Mac adherents are any different than Windows, Democrat or Catholic adherents. Nor do I believe my concern prevents me from being an adherent.

I'm not sure what I think, so I'm sure you don't know.

Unless you're an RL woman, wish to adopt, love changing diapers and have a ready and compelling explanation (because my little world will surely ask) for why there's a woman and a baby living with me... no.

;-)

OK standard courtesy is to address the question or the title.

Yay for answer...I agree btw , but that was already obvious.

Retiring does not mean you give up your beliefs or practices.

Glass will not be attributed to one person and all three will be recorded in history somewhere and may even be avaiable on Glass 2.5 Wiki section

Umm a Mac adherent would be very different from a Windows adherent wouldn't you think?  I would agree on the other
differentiators
 though.

It matters not what you think of yourself, write enough and people will form a popular opinion of what you think.

Just so you know, nobody loves changing diapers, but I readily except that there might be a fetish for it.  I shall have to ask LeeHereAbsent who is my go to woman on these matters.

It's now way past stupid o'clock here so expect no response till October.

Standard courtesy would be for adherents, no?

Google, while (I think) the world's largest historian, is not one person, so I think we're agreed on the attribution.

Opinion is not knowledge. You said you know. That's your opinion.

I don't think I know anything. That's my opinion.

;-) !

Sy Beck wrote:

Maddy,

Look again at the question in the title of the OP.

Yes or no?  I'll argue your technophobia and nihilism in another thread.

My use of the question mark was not meant so much as a yes/no question but as an "I wonder" or "Maybe."

I must ad that humans do things that kill them, or at least increase thier risks. I am not saying people should sucker people, trick them or otherwise use them and warnings are sometimes silly BUT they do at least get some things sorted and work to some extent for some people.

Cars will still kill more people than hallucinating virtual worlders. If we never had personal transportation at all then we might also have had much different lives and lost some freedoms? Who knows, but some people feel very trapped by not having personal transportation and virtual reality is similar in that you see, hear, and commune differently and it is akin to a different place that you are. So much so, even websites are referred to as being "gone to" and the concept of virtual community is strong enough to count almost equal to "real" communities to many people. This will not change, people die to be popular, fashionable and to kill boredom. They die each day as they reach death, so they choose to spend that time dieing with something they like, that fascinates them or otherwise kills the time. Who knows, but food, transportation, socializing (stress release chemicals, so much so terrorist attacks and war cause still birth increases!) and who knows what other things are possibly removing life more so than we wish them to.

So, virtual reality will be around. Kinects are a mass market success? Sold tonnes, used by tonnes and then collect dust. In that respect, I believe you. More, another kinect is made, another phone or tablet is bought, and then people will go and hand make some food even though factories are more than capable of making edible food....it may kill you, but why not have on of those deadly things for desert as well as home made stuff that might have burned you or set your kitchen on fire? Sadly, this is not a attitude that says go do anything because I think it is wise to let people know they should eat some veggies in my signature space below!...it reminds me to sometimes to, but IF you eat organic you can't not wash them because ecoli may be present. I am not saying everyone will have a headset, not like everyone ends up with a phone. These sets are expensive, but will everyone try one of see one? Maybe, I used game systems at friends houses (even back yards lol) and swapped games with people because it was all to much money for our families. Then arcades where there, TV shows (yes, even with virtual reality used....this was non US TV but movies also ended up with this stuff in it and sci fi books!) so....virtual reality is already around, already in use in military simulators. Kinects prove you can sell the stuff, people will use it and unfortunatly they also end up sitting on shelves at some point.

Google glass is not something that matters as much as phones do. WebTV looked amazing, but how many uses are there really for it? Talk with TV shows at the same time....well, some do that I guess. But webtv didn't displace the normal PC and I think Youtube took off and became a staple of many web users online time usage. The darn thing is just another website, but now set top streaming boxes are around. Android computers that stream vids to tv's! Web tv is back? Sort of, but this is how it works right. Glass may be to much money, but hype will sell it and it can collect dust but for that one or two events...like Kinect and some friends asking to use it because they never tried it yet lol. Others will make it like thier PalmOS device, all the time and for work or play. PalmOS is not popular, but was controversially seen as useless or very useful. Either way, palm computing was around with winCE and flip up "Palm Tops" and then everyone was acting like the iPhone was some genius that had invented mobile computing....n00bs with blogs and computer science degrees make me laugh. Nerds because they install grandma's software, but never smelled burning flux or gazed upon a PCboard....sad stuff, and I don't consider myself a nerd...just curious of how things work. Ah, back to my useless life while I see Ux errors, fake nerdish elites talk junk about stuff they don't know about and insult thier schools alumni because they will not do research.....at least I have the decency to admit I am obsurdly not a pro, warn they should research it for themselves...so, look up flux or Palm Tops....whatever. Have fun and at least not many here act like virtual reality never existed before the oculus rift...but that will start soon maybe? lol. Good greif, what fun.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.