Welcome CEO Ebbe Altberg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Perrie Juran wrote:

duran duran_001.jpg

ddu universe.JPG

I should have posted clearer and said Drew is the only one I am aware of who has stated an
active
presence in SL and even then that was a couple of years ago.

The Duran Duran SIMs (they own four) are still up and running but I haven't heard a squeak out of them in a few years.  When they joined SL they brought a lot of their fans in and I am still friends with a few of them.

So while a few names can be drummed up and while there presence may draw some interest to SL, It's not like there is a huge known presence.

OMG.

You actually ARE a Martian! :-o

;-)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LaskyaClaren wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

duran duran_001.jpg

OMG.

You actually ARE a Martian! :-o

;-)

Laskya, half the "people' in SL are merely passing as humans. You're just now coming to this realization?

And they're hiding in plain sight.

Look at Dillon's RL photo.

And mine.

I assure you I am not really Anne Francis.

Purrrrr.

i meant SL celebrities, people who are famous in their SL cultures, like Strawberry Singh, Hamlet Au, maybe some DJ who has a large fan base, a racer who wins many competitions, a SL mainstream media has been needed a lot, companies could advertise thru it, talented people can become famous, just like what RL mainstream media does for the world.

Canoro Philipp wrote:

i meant SL celebrities, people who are famous in their SL cultures, like Strawberry Singh, Hamlet Au, maybe some DJ who has a large fan base, a racer who wins many competitions, a SL mainstream media has been needed a lot, companies could advertise thru it, talented people can become famous, just like what RL mainstream media does for the world.

Rereading your post and this here I think I understand what you mean.

Drax Files may come close to what you are referring to.

By "companies" I'm still unsure if you mean RL or SL companies.

And there are already SL centric "media services" such as the AlphaVille Herald and the SLEnquirer.  I do wonder how many people actually take the time to read them.  I know I very rarely even glance at them unless they come up when I am doing a Google search on a topic.

I do think your idea has merit but I am uncertain of how you see it being implemented.  I am also unsure of how many various activities you could really find that you would have a steady flow of content.

I read SL Enquirer *blushing*  :matte-motes-bashful:   I think I even once did an interview with them, long time ago, regarding the D/deaf community in SL.  I also met Hamlet Au (nee' Linden) at a SLCC, and I bought his (autographed!!!) book.  That was fun.  Now I see what you're referring to, not really RL celebrities.

since Ebbe is coming from the thought school of Microsoft and Yahoo, companies that provide content to a huge variety of cultures, Ebbe must know how to standarize certain content and to distribute other content that needs to be specific to certain cultures. we have the need for SL talents to reach further if they had some form of massive audience, now that Ebbe is here, and comes from a background of communications and unifying cultures, he may go to how Microsoft and Yahoo does, you just need to go to msn.com or yahoo.com to see how they manage that huge amount of information that is happening around the world. maybe the welcome page of the viewer could be transforming into that, a trending now, todays headlines, news about SL celebrities, other news subdivided by sections, tips to have a better business.
that would bring a common topic for residents to talk about, giving SL companies and talents a wider audience.

maybe my idea will not be implemented as i visualize it, but i suspect that Ebbe is gonna do an effort similar to the previous jobs he has done in his lifetime, in terms of enhancing the unity of SL cultures.

splash.jpg

Canoro Philipp wrote:

since Ebbe is coming from the thought school of Microsoft and Yahoo, companies that provide content to a huge variety of cultures, Ebbe must know how to standarize certain content and to distribute other content that needs to be specific to certain cultures. we have the need for SL talents to reach further if they had some form of massive audience, now that Ebbe is here, and comes from a background of communications and unifying cultures, he may go to how Microsoft and Yahoo does, you just need to go to msn.com or yahoo.com to see how they manage that huge amount of information that is happening around the world. maybe the welcome page of the viewer could be transforming into that, a trending now, todays headlines, news about SL celebrities, other news subdivided by sections, tips to have a better business.

that would bring a common topic for residents to talk about, giving SL companies and talents a wider audience.

maybe my idea will not be implemented as i visualize it, but i suspect that Ebbe is gonna do an effort similar to the previous jobs he has done in his lifetime, in terms of enhancing the unity of SL cultures.

LL is already doing a lot on the splash page to high light things.

What I would like to see added more than anything is "Grid Status."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.