Welcome CEO Ebbe Altberg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Announcement on LL corporate site

Most recently prior to joining Linden Lab, Altberg was COO of BranchOut. Prior to that, he was part of the executive team at Yahoo!, most recently as SVP of Media Products. His more than 25 years of experience managing teams that create world-class products and services also includes leadership roles at Ingenio (acquired by at&t Interactive) and Microsoft.

And, as Strawberry Singh first announced on the trending wall, he is making some remarks and being welcomed on twitter.

I think he has a friendly face, open and intelligent in a good way.

:)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

emilia Avindar wrote:

Thanks, Perrie,

Yes, I've followed it for a couple of weeks, but it seemed like a good time to start fresh.

:)

However, thank you for linking that thread, but personally I don't care to hear about Rod Humble anymore.

I tried changing the header for that thread but it didn't last.

A whole new thread may have been better. 

I hate trying to follow multiple threads on the same topic.

Storm Clarence wrote:

What's up with the Swede's and palindromic names?

Is EBBE known enough to be included as a clue in the NYT crossword?

In German Ebbe means low tide, also empty wallet.:smileyindifferent:

And berg means mountain. So does he bring a mountain of alt accounts with him?:smileysurprised:

:smileysad:Rods gone

To many years we spent waiting for hope and change in secondlife but good luck to E. Linden the new figurehead of the board

This time next year you all will still be paying 295.00 a month for tier thats a promise until the cash cow is drained dry 

I'm gone!  see you all in high fidelity

high-plains-drifter-hell.jpg

Teagan Tobias wrote:

On twitter, really, on twitter, not on Second Life but on twitter, I have a really bad feeling about this one. I guess I'll never hear anything he has to say.

The guy hasn't even officially started working here (until Monday) and seems to not even have a Linden name yet, making it highly unlikely that he'd be chatting it up here, even if he wanted to do so.

...Dres

Edited for clarity.

Conifer Dada wrote:

Following a link in the LL announcement about the new CEO, I looked at the LInden Lab website.  Can you find any reference to Second Life on its homepage?

Meh. Come to this very forum and see if you can find any SL postings, for all the Indian whore spam.

And yet there were folks who though Ebbe should communicate on these forums. So silly!

Venus Petrov wrote:

Good grief.  He hasn't even started officially.  The announcement was made and he tweeted 'hello' and got alot of responses.  So, you would rather he say nothing until after he gets an account.  Right. Noted.

I can understand him being polite on the disaster in the waiting that is Twitter.

I can understand him not wanting to get his entry lost amongst the five index pages of BollySpam.

I can understand him not wanting to look like he's checking on Torley's minimal attempts to justify his salary in the Feeds.

What I can't understand is him making an account on the oh-so-passé SLU forum and posting there.

Maybe Rod, as a leaving gift, gave him some advice on how to alienate the mainstream users.

© The Judge

Maelstrom Janus wrote:

So why cant he say whatever he has to say on the sl forum ?? I dont work for lindens I dont let it stop me posting here.... and the man cant begin to - at the very least - post some of his hopes, ideas and possible plans here ??

He's still waiting for his security clearance from the NSA before LL can issue him an account and password.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.