where do i find my 5000 L$ for my vip status payment of 25 L$ per quarter

wichapiska

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

You are in the wrong virtual world.  That web site is IMVU.

I kept wondering why you were referring to a "VIP account" and "VIP status payments" in your past messages.  Now I understand.  This is Second Life.  We don't have VIP accounts.  We have Premium accounts.  See the Knowledge Base articles that I linked you to earlier.

If you have a Preimum account in Second Life, here's the deal again ....

Sign-up bonus

When you register for a premium account, you get a sign-up bonus of L$1,000, deposited directly into your Second Life account once your premium membership has been active for 45 consecutive days.

Weekly Linden dollar rewards (stipend)

As a premium member, you receive a weekly stipend of $L300, whether you log in or not. Stipends are paid every week by an automated process that runs on Tuesdays (PT).

Payments are based on information gathered from the database as of the preceding Monday. For example:

• If you create a premium account on Monday, April 14, you will receive your first stipend on Tuesday, April 15.
  • If you create a premium account on Tuesday, April 15, you will receive your first stipend on Tuesday, April 22.
32px-KBnote.png Note:Stipend payments may appear late in the day on Tuesdays or possibly not until Wednesday.
  • Like 1

and what is imvu and how did i wind up there... if this is what happens with your third party ads... that look like it is something from sl... guess i really do have to put up a warning page on my real world domain... i am 67 living off of 679 after i pay the state of montana 120 a month for my medicaid to go with my disability.. what's left of it... and with cancer, cad and other physical challenges i can't afford to be wasting money

IMVU is a completely different company. It has absolutely nothing to do with Second Life. They are not connected in any way and do not share advertizing. It's not a third party at all. You apparently ran across one of the IMVU ads on line and signed up with them. Don't blame Linden Lab for that. You made a mistake like walking into JC Penney and expecting to get things you saw advertized at Target.

BTW, I am 67 too and living on a limited income, so I sympathize. I have learned to pay attention to what I am paying money for. None of us can afford to waste it.

• Like 1

Your Second LIfe account name is "wichapiska" (no capital letters.) That posting from IMVU is addressed to "WichapiSka" (two capital letters.) To a computer, a capital letter "S" and a lower case letter "s" are as different as the number 5 and the number 8 - there's no way IMVU could have sent you anything saying that if you only registered for Second Life. This says to me that at some point you must have separately registered for both Second Life and IMVU, which, as have been explained, are completely separate things. From the way your posts have been going I'm guessing you registered for IMVU first, actually.

Second Life does not use and never has used the terms "VIP" or "credits." Those are IMVU terms. You've apparently bought a Second Life Premium account thinking it was an IMVU VIP account.

• Like 1

i don't know how i could have run into them online... i have never googled a sims game... a friend suggest sl to me and that is the only rl/ sims gaming site i ever visited... but you are right it is not sl's fault.. i've already requested my money back from imvu and i will see what happens there... and will post warning on web in re: web... is it allowed to make a flyer warning that imvu creds don't transfer or can be used in sl and post it on community bulletin boards

Not from Linden Lab. Or are you referring to the sidebar ads on THIS web site? Those are not sent by Linden Lab and they don't have anything to do with your Premium account. I have never had a Premium account, and I see them too. Those come from whatever hosting service Linden Lab buys the forum package from. They're like the sidebar ads in facebook or Amazon.com. They advertize all sorts of things. I recommend ignoring them completely unless you like getting on a lot of mailing lists.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.