Mixxx dj software pausing songs during live broadcasting

Lynnieloves

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3733 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Know nothing about your setup i can only guess the common problems.

Usually this sounds like a upload problem, either from your PC to the server or direct to SL. You shouldn´t stream direct to SL without a proper server between anyway.

Your upload bandwith usually is limited and if streaming and SL and Skype and .... running on the same PC, Mixxx (or any other streaming software) cannot upload sounds-chunks quick enough.

Sound streaming should be done from a dedicated PC or Laptop to an internet server with huge bandwidth to broadcast back to wherever.

Do not use wireless for streaming.

Monti

When you are streaming, is your encoder still conected or is it dropping the connection. Could be a number of things.

If you are not dropping, it may be a few things in world. one being that if you change the about land information, some people may hear it stop, start or fade in fade out. I know when I change things in about land on my parcel like the description, add a ban or remove a ban, etc... it will do just that. Doesn't happen to everyone. Can happen to me at a club, then the next day its fine, but someone else is experiencing it.

Ask your listeners if it is dropping for everyone, but the key thing is to make sure your stream is not dropping.  If it is, then that's a whole different story.

Lynnieloves wrote:

has anyone ever expericnced this problem? i would play my music on the dj solfware called mixxx and hear it just find, but inworld i have been told that it pauses for a few secs, and then starts back up again. is there a way to fix this?

This is a common problem.  You don't give many specifics about your set up so my suggestions may not apply.

I suppose Monti is "correct" that you 'should buy another PC to stream with' and you 'shouldn't  use wireless.'  Still there may be less drastic changes that could be helpful.

Assuming you are using one pc running your viewer and mixx broadcaster:

• Give priority to your mixx application.  While streaming make your mixx application the foreground with the viewer in background (possibly minimized)
  • Reduce the bandwidth the viewer is using by lowering your Maximum Bandwidth & Texture Bandwidth in Network Preferences.
  • Try reducing the bitrate your mixx is broadcasting at.  Lower quality with no drop outs can be a winner
  • Your streaming service may provide a log of events (such as dropped connections  and reconnects) that could help explain your results.

You can rent servers in SL or via marketplace for that purpose.

Using one PC for all is sure too much for ur upload bandwidth. Each listener need the set bitrate of your stream like 128kbit/s * listener ...

Long time I used mixxx. Check your decoder settings in mixxx. Often a bitrate around 128 stereo is sufficient but most liquid my notify a change to around 90 mono ;-)

Monti

Lynnieloves wrote:

Im using DSL highspeed internet, and i do have skype and some web sites open when i used it, i'll try to close them out. How do i reduce my birate? and do i really have to get another pc to stream on, and where can i get a server?  

I don't know your software so I can't tell you exactly where to make your changes.  Using BUTT it's in Settings/Stream/Bitrate.  The broadcaster sets the bit rate being sent, not the receiver.   Not knowing your upload bandwidth again leaves us to guess what you would be able to accomplish broadcasting directly to your listeners.  My guess is you are limited to a handful of listeners even at a fairly low bit rate like 64kbps. 

You can find a large selection of streaming server sellers in the SL marketplace by searching for "Shoutcast Streams"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3733 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.