Using 3Dconnexion Space Mouse wireless with Second Life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3089 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

SpaceMouse

Like the older Space Navigator's, this is an amazing device to use for Second Life. I had a Space Navigator for SL fo about 7 years. The cord was starting to break so I ordered a new Space Mouse to replace it. I installed the software, plugged it in and sadly to say it did not work at all. I got a hold of 3Dconnexion and they told me that Second Life was no longer supported even though it is still listed on their supported software page. They explained that Linden Labs is responsible for making it compatible and they haven't done so. Well, I was very disappointed but not ready to give up. I found this page in the wiki and saw some hope. Using a 3D joystick in SL. I received some excellent help from Zion Tristan and now have it working perfectly. I also added my process to get it to work on the same page. 

If you want to better your experience in SL, you might want to try this out. It's a very well made and solid piece of hardware that looks as cool as it works. You can use it to move your avatar in more ways than the keyboard allows. You can use it to move your camera anywhere soothly and easily in a manner that can't be achieved with the camera controls. This makes it indespensable for building because you can move the camera anywhere to observe the effects of your editing. You edit by controlling the Space Mouse with the left hand while using the mouse with your right hand. This makes building so much fun I can't imagine building without it.

Hope this helps anyone interested in buying a 3D mouse. Have a great day!

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3089 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.