Sign in to follow this  
FSRVocaloid

Kuula Area is under Attack by Megaman, Run for the Hills!

...Spammers.Since this Morning, Kuula, Uli, Hotei, Dosojin and All Surrounding Sims have been affected by this replicating object Spam. I've Filed Several ARs to LL about this, and so far, this is getting worse.

The Objects are Swirled Meshes with a Megaman Texture on them, which is sadly not visible on this picture.

The Dosojin Sim Lagged to A Crawl, and Kuula's Following Suit.

Discuss.

Step away from the sim!

:matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Unfortunately, at any one time in Second Life, there is a lot of spam vomit to clean up just like this.

Linden Lab are unlikely to come running out immediately an AR (several ARs) are submitted; it greatly depends on what else is going on in that moment.  For sure, once the sim performance goes down to the point that it goes offline and takes others with it, someone will come out to sweep up the mess.

Meantime, take shelter elsewhere and pop back later.

Landowners have the tools to stop this by setting the land to disallow object creation and object entry.  LL isn't going to come running when land owners don't help themselves.

Well when it Affects an entire region, it risks causing problems for the area,which is usually high traffic.

Kuula may be high traffic, yes, but it wasn't supposed to handle this.

Its also happening on parcel boundries and Linden water/roads, not on private parcels, and it's been a full 24 hours now ... Linden Labs needs to deal with attacks of this size.  My land doesn't have a problem ... the public areas near my land do, and drain the server

I have seen this type of attack happen elsewhere and its always frustrating. Lately the griefers have been rezzing the exploder on Linden-owned land like a road and then shooting it over to private parcels that seem to be uncared for. Since no one can contact the land owners quickly and Linden Lab is slow to respond (if at all), it becomes a real pill to deal with. Sadly, one or the other will have to respond to get it returned / stopped.

Best defense against this is to know thy neighbors! Talk to them occasionally and find out how to contact them if something like this happens. Everyone has some way of being contacted in an emergency even though you have to be creative sometimes. I have a few friends that know my RL contact info, so my neighbors know if I am not on to send help messages to them which get relayed to me. A lot of us also have our off-line IMs sent to our e-mail and its just a matter of knowing.

Hope you get it taken care of and good luck!

Ya, I think that's what happened here, though I'm not seeing it on private parcels.  Problem with "know your neighbours" in SL is that there aren't neighbours sometime ... the plot across the road from my land in Hotei is a gorgeous beah house on 4096m2 and in the year I've owned my land, never seen an owner parcel.  Hard to know someone who never comes on-grid lol.

Those objects are now visible in the world map at Kuula and some nearby regions.
I AR'ed them in couple of regions.

:smileyfrustrated:

It's been running for over 36 hours now, and the Server Restarts have begun. They're not going smoothly and, of course, these griefer prims will have to the saved and reloaded as part of the restart process.

All the prims I have sampled have the same name and the same creator and owner account.

I am beginning to wonder if the AR process is nothing more than a script running on an Atari which sends out those email messages.

Lindens answering for an AR can varie much. In this case - http://orca.slsailing.co/2014/01/lcc-cruisers-fighting-against-evil.html - in 2 hours the ttack was stopped.

As said above, it deends on what else they are doing at the moment.

P.S. Last year, while our club was under a similar attack, I was talking in live chat whith them, when a Linden appeared at my side and fixed the sim :-)