The Bitcoin Bubble ...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

suffice to say when and if the lab ever accepts this as a source of payment, I will pull my assets and my businesses out of SL, I will not work with a company that accepts a source such as bitcoin.  

Many reason behind this but to not start or causes issues, I'll leave it as what I've stated above.

Great

bigmoe Whitfield wrote:

suffice to say when and if the lab ever accepts this as a source of payment, I will pull my assets and my businesses out of SL, I will not work with a company that accepts a source such as bitcoin.  

Many reason behind this but to not start or causes issues, I'll leave it as what I've stated above.

So what if you pull out your business out of SL ? Do you think somebody will miss you ?

Lindenlabs does not accept it, but YOU are allowed to accept Bitcoin as a company in SL and even integrate it as a payment option in your vendor. Its NO violation of the TOS - everything is absolutely correct as long as you dont exchange Bitcoin for Lindendollar inworld.

They are a lot of rich guys, which are keen on spending Bitcoin in your shop - think about it.

Lindenlabs is accepting Paypal, and this is what Paypal CEO thinks about Bitcoin:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57617502-93/ebay-to-allow-bitcoin-sales-in-virtual-currency-category/

Question? If Paypal will integrate Bitcoin in his Wallet, are you promise me to leave Secondlife instantly ? ;)

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Post as many silly pics as you want.  Start as many threads about it as you want.  It won't change bitcoin into a reliable currency.

Yes - you are totally right. This IS a silly picture but i've only modified it.

The original can be found in this thread:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/Shops-offering-Bitcoin-Paypal-for-Payment-instead-of-L/td-p/2472325

I would say you dont like Bitcoin, thats all. Or you are unable to install a Bitcoin Wallet ;)

Oh somebody has been arrested because usage of Bitcoin? Mhh thats really bad - for him. But good for the US government to catch all guys which are using Bitcoin in the false manner.

What do you think? Are more guys arrested due to false usage of Dollar Notes or Bitcoin. I would think its more because of usage of Dollar Notes. MUCH MORE ! And Bitcoin helps US Government a lot to catch all the bad guys.

So what are you trying to prove me with your post ?

I think you use Lindendollar as a reliable currency. But i hope you know Bitcoin is the much more known and globally excepted currency.

You still believe Bitcoin is not a reliable currency?

Its even listed, wellknown and traded in Forex:

http://www.investing.com/currencies/btc-usd-technical?period=month

Feel free to find Lindendollar in Forex.

Could you buy DIRECTLY a House, Car or whatever you like with Bitcoin? Yes you can.

Could you do this with Lindendollar? No, you cant.

So think twice what you call a reliable currency.

BTW: Bitcoin is the most expensive currency compared to US-Dollar worldwide.

Have a nice day.

If you read that article it also says

"Also included in the federal complaint was a co-conspirator, Robert Faiella. The 54-year-old Bitcoin broker, who operated under the alias “BTCKing” on the Silk Road, was picked up in Cape Coral, Florida.

Shrem, who is also a founding member and vice chairman of the Bitcoin Foundation, and Faiella are alleged to have taken high-volume orders of the anonymous cryptocurrency from Silk Road users."

The foundation is the organization behind Bitcoins. So while the US dollar , like all currencies is used for illegal activitiy, of the two, only bitcoin has criminals as founding members of the board that supposedly is as close to the authority for bitcoin as you can get.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

If you read that article it also says

"
Also included in the federal complaint
was a co-conspirator, Robert Faiella. The 54-year-old Bitcoin broker, who operated under the alias “BTCKing” on the Silk Road, was picked up in Cape Coral, Florida.

Shrem, who is also a founding member and vice chairman of the Bitcoin Foundation
, and Faiella are alleged to have taken high-volume orders of the anonymous cryptocurrency from Silk Road users
."
The foundation is the organization behind Bitcoins. So while the US dollar , like all currencies is used for illegal activitiy, of the two,
only bitcoin has criminals as founding members of the board that supposedly is as close to the authority for bitcoin as you can get.

But to be VERY serious Amethyst. Your profile says that you are Master builder, scripter and designer. At the moment i am searching for a good scripter (better said software engineer) familar with LSL+PHP+MYSQL.

Do you accept Bitcoin, i dont want to pay with a shady ghost currency. I pay good and its around one or more Bitcoin depending on your time to work. But as a Master you can make it maybe cheaper for me.

Offers are very welcome. Post me inworld. Other offers from COMPETING companies inworld are very welcome.

You can post directly in this thread as well. You are very welcome!

Thank you.

BTW:

You have to learn a lot Amethyst. Bitcoin is dezentralized. If you close and completely put every single member of the Bitcoin foundation in Jail, Bitcoin will not even take notice of it. But you could try to put the worldwide community as part of the Bitcoin Network in Jail. One of them is the CEO of Paypal owning Bitcoin himself.

BTW: Whats the difference putting Fed Bernanke or an other Bank CEO in Jail comparing putting a member of the Bitcoin foundation in Jail?

Sorry, I do not accept bitcoins nor do am I interested in your project.

As far as the difference between Bernecke and Shrem, Mr. Bernecke is not in jail or under suspicion for illegal activity nor was he involved in the founding of the US monetary system.  Further he did not set up anything like the blackmarket Silk Road whose main purpose is drug dealing, international illegal trade and moneylaundering using bitcoins as currency, unlike Shrem.  Nice try but totally off the mark. 

Sorry, I do not accept bitcoins nor do am I interested in your project.

As far as the difference between Bernecke and Shrem, Mr. Bernecke is not in jail or under suspicion for illegal activity nor was he involved in the founding of the US monetary system.  Further he did not set up anything like the blackmarket Silk Road whose main purpose is drug dealing, international illegal trade and moneylaundering using bitcoins as currency, unlike Shrem.  Nice try but totally off the mark. 

Sudoquai Wonder wrote:

Do you accept Bitcoin, i dont want to pay with a shady ghost currency. I pay good and its around one or more Bitcoin depending on your time to work. But as a Master you can make it maybe cheaper for me.

Just as a general aside and nothing to do with the thread but if someone is good at something, that usually means they are able to charge MORE not less.  Why would someone choose to make it cheaper if they're good at something?

"Hi, I have a speeding offence to defend and I hear you're the best defence lawyer in the business so maybe you can defend me for a discount?"

Doesn't really work well does it?!

Sassy Romano wrote:

Sudoquai Wonder wrote:

Just as a general aside and nothing to do with the thread but if someone is good at something, that usually means they are able to charge MORE not less.  Why would someone choose to make it cheaper if they're good at something?

"Hi, I have a speeding offence to defend and I hear you're the best defence lawyer in the business so maybe you can defend me for a discount?"

Doesn't really work well does it?!

Yes, absolutely - my thought was: a master should be faster to solve a problem, then an amateur just hacking and patching the code together, so see at the end that a better decision it would have been to plan and design it and implement it. This is "faster" for me and at the end cheaper than amateurs work. But this is really offtopic now.

My thought is only to show that they are more usefull payment options here missing, and for me they are weak arguments contra accepting Bitcoin. If somebody doesnt like it, that doesnt mean it isnt usefull or even better than existing technology.

But thx you've mentioned it, i have absolutely the same opinion, because it is true.

Sudoquai Wonder wrote:

Could you buy DIRECTLY a House, Car or whatever you like with Bitcoin? Yes you can.

That is wonderful.  Perhaps you are confused about what Linden dollars are.  It is strictly a currency for in-world transactions in Second Life.  It was never intended to be a real currency.  In fact, Linden Lab strictly restricts its use to Second Life, and they do not even define it as a currency.  They define it as such:

"Linden Research, Inc. (“Linden Lab”) operates a virtual world platform known as Second Life (“Second Life”), and makes available for use in Second Life a virtual token or virtual “currency” element (referred to as “Linden Dollars”) intended solely for use to access virtual objects in Second Life, and affiliated websites operated by Linden Lab including, but not limited to, https://marketplace.secondlife.com.  

Why are you even trying to compare it to any other type of currency?  I don't believe anyone even stated it was "a reliable currency."  It is only valuable as long as Second Life exists.  I get you like Bitcoins and believe in them, but I don't understand your apparent crusade to thrust them upon Second Life and the users of this forum.  Perhaps it would be prudent for you to go evangelize somewhere that you would be appreciated.  It does not appear this forum fits the bill. 

Kenbro Utu wrote:

Sudoquai Wonder wrote:

That is wonderful.  Perhaps you are confused about what Linden dollars are.  It is strictly a currency for in-world transactions in Second Life.  It was never intended to be a real currency.  In fact, Linden Lab strictly restricts its use to Second Life, and they do not even define it as a currency.  They define it as
:

"
Linden Research, Inc. (“Linden Lab”) operates a virtual world platform known as Second Life (“
Second Life
”), and makes available for use in Second Life a virtual token or virtual “currency” element (referred to as “
Linden Dollars
”) intended solely for use to access virtual objects in Second Life, and affiliated websites operated by Linden Lab including, but not limited to,

Why are you even trying to compare it to any other type of currency?  I don't believe anyone even stated it was "a reliable currency."  It is only valuable as long as Second Life exists.  I get you like Bitcoins and believe in them, but I don't understand your apparent crusade to thrust them upon Second Life and the users of this forum.  Perhaps it would be prudent for you to go evangelize somewhere that you would be appreciated.  It does not appear this forum fits the bill. 

You try to explain me that i am **bleep**ed up, when Secondlife doesnt exist anymore? I think your argumentation is very weak - if L$ is only good for SL, then i am thinking about what all the big creators selling you and me stuff in SL are doing the whole day?

Collecting L$ to buy toys in SL? Sorry ;)

madman626 Fall wrote:

I don't think my bank would take your silly bitcoin either ,, I dont blame LL one bit for not talking them ,, you don't like it easy go play with your bitcoin else where.

Is your Bank taking your silly L$? And the question is if Bitcoin needs a Bank to be accepted or if Bitcoin is its own bank. Bitcoin is widely accepted, you can easily pay with it ... Look at what in Cyprus happened. People trusted their Bank in Cyprus and the government just took a "small" amount from peoples Bank account to pay back their dues. And in Cyprus people bought a big amount of Bitcoin to save their money.

I dont know where you are living, but if it is USA the same can happen to you in the near future ...

So if you trust your Bank - just do it. Fact is Banks dont like Bitcoin because they dont know it is friend or foe.

I wouldnt underestimate it.

Just as a question (one to which I know the answer).  Where does bitcoin fit in terms of this?

https://www.gov.uk/government/policies/creating-stronger-and-safer-banks

"Financial Services Act

Alongside these reforms, the Financial Services Act, which came into force on 1 April 2013, makes fundamental changes to the way that financial services firms likes banks are regulated. Find out more about how we are improving the regulation of the financial sector to protect consumers and the economy."

I feel the part that you are missing out on is the interaction that governments have.  They kinda have this minor interest in seeing financial transactions floating about for tax purposes.

One other thing, you did ask the question as to whether a house could be purchased via L$ since it could via bitcoin.

The answer is emphatically YES.  Just as I could complete a house purchase using "used teabags" as long as the currency offered "used teabags" was accepted by the seller.  The system of barter is alive and well all over and that is precisely what bitcoin is.  Would I sell my house in return for bitcoin?  No I wouldn't, there are more secure methods for that transaction thanks.

What bitcoin is not though, is LEGAL TENDER, i.e. it is not a currency in a specified denomination that a creditor must accept by law in redeption of a debt.

"Fact is Banks dont like Bitcoin because they dont know it is friend or foe."

Absolutely correct and that's precisely what a bank or any organisation or individual should do until the provenance of the "funds" that are bitcoin have been determined.

Now you're just using an alt to reply to yourself.

I for one don't need to read anything.  I can do all my payments both send and receive in currencies that work just fine, I don't need to have any interest whatsoever in Bitcoin.

Remember, it's not legal tender and at that point, there ceases to be any interest in it.  I might as well trade in grass clippings.

I'd feel better about it if reymark actually were Sudo's alt but the style is quite different, and I don't see Sudo presenting as such an unwitting congregant at the "believe in the power of bitcoin" revival tent. It reminds us that many ordinary folks are putting hard-earned savings at risk with bitcoin, and will be very lucky not to be parted with that money. One wonders how many of them lost everything when Silk Road 2 got wiped clean.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.