Tummy talker

Lynn Shiu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3733 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello :)

First of all, I know some SL residents are against SL pregnancies - that's not what my question is about, though. Please only reply to this post if you're serious. Thanks!

My partner and I are planning on having a baby, which is why I've been looking for a tummy talker. However, I want one that doesn't spam public chat, for that can be very annoying to others. I'd like one that just informs me about my SL pregnancy, and I'd like my partner to be able to interact with it, too. I hope someone can help me out here! 

Thanks in advance, Lynn

Venus Petrov wrote:

An alternative might be that you RP what you are feeling from the pixel fetus and have your partner RP a response.  No HUD necessary! 

Easy and fun!

@OP: For added kicks, you can use a quick little script inside a named prim that you attach either to your HUD or avatar.

integer iCHNL = 1;string sBABY = "Mary's tummy";string sMOM = "Mary Jane";string sDAD = "Peter Parker";default{    state_entry()    {        llSetObjectName(sBABY);        llListen(iCHNL,"","","");    }    listen(integer channel, string name, key id, string message)    {        if(llGetDisplayName(id) == sMOM || llGetDisplayName(id) == sDAD)        {            if(llGetSubString(messsage,0,2) == "/me")            {                llSay(0,message);            }            else            {                llSetObjectName("");                llSay(0,"/me " + message);                llSetObjectName(sBABY);            }        }    }}

It will even tell the difference between an emote and a chat (but obviously, won't let your 'child' talk). This script turns any prim into a tummy talker!

Script may need a teeny bit of tinkering to work, especially the Display Names used by you and your partner (or anyone else who you wish to speak through your wombal accessory). This script has not been tested for basic compilation errors. :P

Thanks for your input, ladies :)
Especially those last two options seem to be a bit more purse-friendly, so I'll consider using those. However, if anyone has another suggestion, please feel free to let me know as well. It's just, I've never used this before, so it's all very new to me!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3733 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.