Sign in to follow this  
Rachael777

Hair alpha ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't see anything in the marketplace so I figure this is not possible or it is very difficult to do. I was wondering if it is possible to hide the hair from sticking through hats when you put them on. not sure if an alpha would work because it would also hide the hat. Maybe creating or modifying the hair so it is flat on top or something like that? Is that possible? I have Photoshop and Daz Studio.

Thanks ♥

~Rachael~

Rachael777 wrote:

I don't see anything in the marketplace so I figure this is not possible or it is very difficult to do. I was wondering if it is possible to hide the hair from sticking through hats when you put them on. not sure if an alpha would work because it would also hide the hat. Maybe creating or modifying the hair so it is flat on top or something like that? Is that possible? I have Photoshop and Daz Studio.

Thanks ♥

~Rachael~

That is a drawback of mesh hair no one talks about. You can only resize not edit pieces unless its not rigged, which most is (rigged)..  I do not believe you can create an alpha to hide hairs. You just have to make hair and hat as one when you make it.  Or wear your hat as you shop and find a style that acomodates it... The larger you resize your hat to fit some hairs the more absurd it looks.

Look for hair styles that are made to wear with hats.  Ususally the style comes with a hat.  Sometime the hair and hat are attached, other times they are separate.  Its the latter you are going to want.

Emotions just brought out a series of hair that is especially made for hats this way.  You get four styles in a pack and there are several packs to fit different kinds of hats. 

Thanks Amethyst...that will help me too. I got a dress and cape to wear but the hair shows through the headpiece and there is no way to ajust the cape's hood...I will look for hat hair (lol that is a dirty word in the change room at my work)  

Ah, the great "hat hair" problem! :)

This is one area where mesh hair wins over flexi hair because at least with mesh hair,  you know where it is, unlike flexi which will move about.  No matter how you edit a hat to fit flexi hair, you can be sure that at one moment something will poke through.

I eventually found a hair that was flexi, long and pretty tame and that is one of my "hat compatible" hairs but it is a challenge.  If it is modify, you would need to hand edit each piece and shorten it from the crown of the head or move it in but results will vary and i'm very competent but it's still like herding cats when trying to edit lots of flexi strands of hair.

I don't have a lot of mesh hair yet so I've not even thought about revising one for hats, but I typically just copy one of my hairdos and modify it for the hat. I haven't (and probably won't) ever tried it with anything long and flexi such as Sassy was talking about, but with short—as in well above the shoulder—hair it's easy enough, if time consuming.

It was actually one of the first build/edit things I learned to do. I like wearing hats, and when I bought my first one here and realized I'd have to put it way up on the top of my head to keep my hair from sticking through I thought, "Well, that just won't do". It helps a lot to pick up a couple of short minimal hairdos, but even then you'll probably need to go to work with the build tools.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

I don't have a lot of mesh hair yet so I've not even thought about revising one for hats, but I typically just copy one of my hairdos and modify it for the hat. I haven't (and probably won't) ever tried it with anything long and flexi such as Sassy was talking about, but with short—as in well above the shoulder—hair it's easy enough, if time consuming.

It was actually one of the first build/edit things I learned to do. I like wearing hats, and when I bought my first one here and realized I'd have to put it way up on the top of my head to keep my hair from sticking through I thought, "Well, that just won't do". It helps a lot to pick up a couple of short minimal hairdos, but even then you'll probably need to go to work with the build tools.

This topic came up the other day, and I assembled a little photo sequence to demonstrate my solution, which was to purchase short hair (in RL, I just got it cut short and donated the locks), then pound quite a few of the more than two hundred (!) hair prims into my skull. After I regained consciousness, I put my hat back on.

Hat Hair.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.