Sign in to follow this  
DraxKoon

How to buy Linden Dollars without credit card?

Question

9 answers to this question

Paypal for use in SL requires verification of your identity and residential address, Paypal do this by linking with ones bank account, LL have to do this by LAW. I think you can use third party exchanges. Prepaid credit cards are no longer accepted for the same reason.

BTW: This is not LL, it is international LAW.

Yes, you can.  Let me copy the full description from Linden Lab for you....

To use your PayPal account with Linden Lab, it must be verified and be capable of making instant transfers.

Linden Lab does not accept e-check (bank account) payments through PayPal because they cannot be processed quickly enough to match the instant delivery of virtual goods and services.  Therefore, we require that you have a credit card on file with PayPal as a backup payment source, OR that you pay with your PayPal balance in USD. Without a sufficient USD balance in your PayPal account, you will not be able to use it with only a bank account.

Notice the part that I highlighted in red.  If you have your PayPal account verified through your bank instead of a credit card, you have you keep enough money in the PayPal account to pay for your SL purchases. You have to maintain that balance yourself. Linden Lab will not ask PayPal to withdraw money from your bank account, because PayPal cannot do it fast enough to satisfy Linden Lab's accounting system.  Remember, you are not dealing with eBay or Amazon.com, which have much more sophisticated accounting systems.

If you don't want to buy L$ through the LindeX, you can always try and find one of the Authorized Resellers who will accept your payment method.  They are taking a slightly greater risk than LL does, so they will charge you a slightly higher exchange rate, but it may be the right option for you.

• Like 3

if you dont own a credit card...you can always go to a store that sells gift cards. they make credit card gift cards. you could always buy one of those and use it on here.

Thank you, I will verify if one of these options in: Linden Dollar (L$) Authorized Reseller Program, to be able to buy lindens correctly and not to have significant problems.

My account of paypal is already verified with the direction neighborhood of house, I number and ZIP code. The problem is that on having selected the option that i mention of all forms equally he asks me: to associate a new card of debit or credit to realize an instantaneous payment with the number of card and date of maturity (principal information of card) and I don't have a.

I a bit confused here, who is "he". If you buying thru LL what you have is ok. If you buying from a third party i do not know, but i never give my card details to anyone. I had a year of stress with AOL, still deducting fund nine months after the contract ended and the Bank saying they could do nothing as i had authorized the deductions.

ADDED: Do have a debit card?

thank you so much!!! It me worked what you said to me nowadays i use: xchange4ls does not ask inormation of card, only it counts paypal and is cheap as Lindex and without interest, now if I will be able to buy lindens whenever it wants.