Breaking News! 2 Avatars in custody after using Display Names

LiveReport

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We interrupt this derailment with some Breaking News!

(Whispering) ...hello dwellers I am back here live at the detention center's medical facility where Keli I is still in critical condition but in but is coming around. Doctors have advised us to be on alert for after she finishes with the priest she may have a statement for the press. ...oh here comes the pastor now...

LiveReport: Pastor, Keli I is well enough to speak again does that mean she will be well enough for church on Sunday?

Pastor: I am sorry to be the one to tell you this, but usually when an avatar asks for a priest it is because they fear the worst.

LiveReport: Oh dear.

Nurse: The Doctor says it would be alright to speak to Keli now. But I for a minute!

Keli I: Thank you so much for being here LiveReport I have something to say. I am ashamed of the pain I have cause to so many of my dear friends and to the Lindens that must have feared the worst when they saw me walking around with that name tag on. What if she tells people they need to pay money to enter that sim, what if she tells them that nudity is okay in G rated areas, what if, WHAT IF...? No wonder they hit me with everything that had. I am so sorry, I did not think all of this through very clearly.

LiveReport:

Keli I: I want to thank all my friends especially the ones that have come to my bedside in this time of need. I won't name names out of fear of dragging them down with me like I did to my best friend Keli K.

LiveReport:

Keli I: As I lie on my deathbed I have only 2 wis... oops make that 3, ...yes three wishes, yes three! The first is...

Doctor: I am sorry I am going to have to interrupt this as you can see Keli I is getting a little silly again and I think she need her res.....

Keli I: LiveReport, Ms. LiveReport please, doctor please, can I ask just one thing.

Doctor:.............

LiveReport:......

Keli I: Please, please see that Keli K gets this picture. It is the last one I took of us before the Shock and Awe hit. I want her to have it to remember me in case I am not here in the m......

Doctor: NOW THAT IS ENOUGH OF THAT TALK YOUNG LADY! Nurse?

Nurse: Yes Doctor

Doctor: Can you see if you can give Keli I something to help her sleep. (Whispering) I think she was going to wish for Torley to come see her in the hospital.

Nurse: A real life Linden in here?!?

Doctor: I am afraid so. See if you can get her to rest............. ........... ......... ...... .............. ........ .......

WE NOW RETURN YOU TO YOUR PREVIOUSLY SCHEDULED DERAILMENT ALREADY IN PROGRESS.

Bake5.JPG

It's about time. If anything, Linden Lab should have done it sooner!

She knew full well she was getting around the rules. She proved that by putting a CYA statement in her profile and knowing she had to use the I to get around the rules. Additionally, her first *look at how clever I am getting away with something* post even said she didn't know how long she'd be here with a name like that. She knew. She took the chance. She deserves what she gets.

I know we all know the name is not real. That's not true for many people in world that aren't as experienced. It may seem like it's an "innocent" breaking of the rules for fun but when the novelty of the attention whoring *look look I'm getting away with something* wears off what other rules is she willing to break using the fake linden name "just for fun"?

Aw Durn.  I hope that you are given the same consideration here that others were who had created Wasted alts.  Granted using the Linden name is more severe, but I hope that they consider your entire history both here and inworld as a positive influence.  Maybe you will have some luck with Arch Linden too?

Granted the Linden name carries more weight, but I severely doubt that you used it for any nefarious purposes. I should think that, they'd at least give you back Keli Kyrie.

I'll contribute to distracting the guards.

I've baked a cake for ya, and I'm wearing a slinky dress.  Quick:  Look inside the cake!

Count me in for the Jailbreak!

I am waaay used to this sort of thing! Espionage is my middle ummm... display name *winx

Here's moi' sneaking out of the International Spaceflight Museum with hidden documents for Wikileaks, to advance the Australian space program! I managed to rip the Gemini #1 data, (they wanted all the star wars stuff, but hey I'm a gemini too! 8-) - our space program is sooo going to rawk now!

MazSecretSpy.jpg

I offered them to Wikileaks but they just laughed at me.. So I told them to go and have a Wikipoo and sold them on e-bay for two dollars fifty. The thing is I am sure no one noticed me.. *nods, Except for that guy with a two way radio by the gate who gave me a quick frisk and his phone number o.0 the weirdo.

Like wtf sort of security is that? ^^

Let's synch our watches!!!!

Starchild Magic wrote:

Whether or not it's easy to find in the TOS, it's common sense not to impersonate a Linden in any way, shape, or form. And the fact that she knew who the Lindens are, knew she should not use "L-i-n-d-e-n" in her display name, and knew that she should put something in her profile saying "I am not really a Linden," shows that she has been around long enough to know that it was a bad idea. There's no excuse for what she did and rightfully was banned for.

I was wandering around a new chunk of Corsica sims before they were put on auction.

I bumped into Guy Linden. What was it about the group tag he was flying?  "I am not a Linden"  Something like that  

Meh, LL closed down a whole website (Avatars United) to stop me using Pep Linden, there being *nothing* in the AU ToS to restrict the use of any name at all.

Pep (Jump out of a cake? Been there - at the Hangout - done that - for Chris's birthday - and someone has the photos, despite the bribe.)

PS Scylla, you could save a lot of space in your sign by just replacing the description with "hyperemotional".

PPS Yeah, I am still grouchy going into my seventh week of barosinusitis.

Itazura Radio wrote:

Probably. Lindens take any misuse (or perceived misuse) of the Linden name very seriously. Wasn't her signature something to the effect of "I'm only a Linden in Viewer 2" or something like that? Not smart. Some things you can't joke about because they will take you seriously. You don't say "bomb!" in an airport even as a joke unless you want to spend the next few hours in a very small room with very unamused people.

Yes, but the airport security people are humourless bureaucrats with Vogon personalities ---- whereas the Lindens .........eh...

Anyhoo...

I do remeber that as a freshly born noob in a Welcome Centre, I thought that the people with "Officer" (as their group tag, I later discovered) were some sort of Linden police.

So I suppose I would have asked a "SomebodyIinden" for a bear ---  if I knew about such things -- and if I actually cared about bears.

I'm not sure what I'll say if I come across someone with "Sling Trebuchet" as their Display Name. Probably something like "WOW! What a great name!"

Maryanne.Solo wrote:

Count me in for the Jailbreak!

I am waaay used to this sort of thing! Espionage is my middle ummm... display name *winx

Here's moi' sneaking out of the International Spaceflight Museum with hidden documents for Wikileaks, to advance the Australian space program! I managed to rip the Gemini #1 data, (they wanted all the star wars stuff, but hey I'm a gemini too! 8-) - our space program is sooo going to rawk now!

MazSecretSpy.jpg

I offered them to Wikileaks but they just laughed at me.. So I told them to go and have a Wikipoo and sold them on e-bay for two dollars fifty. The thing is I am sure no one noticed me.. *nods, Except for that guy with a two way radio by the gate who gave me a quick frisk and his phone number o.0 the weirdo.

Like wtf sort of security is that? ^^

Let's synch our watches!!!!

Agent Franx reporting from Switzerland. I have some documents they just may look at. My disguise of pants and shoes worked like a charm. No one knew it was me. Anyone need a loan while I'm here?

PS I didn't get frisked but the guard kept saying I dropped something...

agent.PNG

SHe's a fun girl, I hope she's not banned, but, isn't it pretty common knowledge not to use linden in any way shape or form in one's name?  I guess I don't understand why people take those kinds of risks and then are surprised at the consequences..........those little cutesy things like 'it's a capital i, not a L', c'mon.........I hope she gets it sorted, if it's important to her.  

Nathaniel Scorpio wrote:

This thought occurred to me last night - if you've been banned from posting here, you probably should resist the urge to post under a different account. I know Daria/Amethyst is getting away with it for some reason, but generally speaking, posting while banned is likely to get you a perma-ban. Same with going in-world.

Yes ,but why D/A is getting away with it?   Miss Ilnden may have the same reason too.  would be nice

Nathaniel Scorpio wrote:

This thought occurred to me last night - if you've been banned from posting here, you probably should resist the urge to post under a different account. I know Daria/Amethyst is getting away with it for some reason, but generally speaking, posting while banned is likely to get you a perma-ban. Same with going in-world.

Now that you mention it, it is odd that she CANNOT post in here as Keli Kyrie.  Obviously Keli Iinden would be a mistake, but don't we frequently have posters here who are banned in-world, but can still post in the forums?

ETA:  Maybe the difference lies between an administrative hold (still able to post) vs a permaban (not able to)?

Jolene Benoir wrote:

Nathaniel Scorpio wrote:

Now that you mention it, it is odd that she CANNOT post in here as Keli Kyrie.  Obviously Keli Iinden would be a mistake, but don't we frequently have posters here who are banned in-world, but can still post in the forums?

ETA:  Maybe the difference lies between an administrative hold (still able to post) vs a permaban (not able to)?

You're right, we do. I hadn't thought of that. That's a scary thought.

Nathaniel Scorpio wrote:

Don't forget Wasted...:(

Jolene Benoir wrote:

Neither Keli appears in search inworld.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.