Breaking News! 2 Avatars in custody after using Display Names

LiveReport

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

LiveReport  wrote:

Keli K: It was not meant to be. I was hoping people would see the difference between user names and display names and think it was funny, I also think what type font is displayed makes a very big difference. Both the top and the bottom are “i” “L” and the number one...

If you think that is funny, then I guess you think people putting on police uniforms, installing blue lights on their cars, and pulling people over in their cars is funny too. "haha just kidding, I'm not really a police officer!"

Guess what, that's something that will get you in serious trouble too. Impersonation of offcials, people that we as a society are supposed to trust, is never funny.

Darien Caldwell wrote:

Guess what, that's something that will get you in serious trouble too. Impersonation of offcials, people that we as a society are supposed to trust, is never funny.

We trust Lindens?  I'm not sure if I do, since I never see them, and can't possibly know them to trust them.  I heard from one once...and now I guess I'm in the FIC due to it, but other than that I think my odds of a Linden sighting are quite low.

Keli?  Have you tried to contact Arch Linden?  The one who freed Pep up so quickly?

Storm.Clarence wrote:

Awww.  This was an excellent post. Several of your posts to this thread have made me smile.

Thanks. Just to make things perfectly clear: my 'poster' is not intended to in any way promote or argue a cause. The right/wrong harmless/dangerous debate has been done. I don't believe any opinions are going to change.

My sole intent was to state a fact: I, and many others, miss Keli Kyrie and the energy, creativity, and fun she brought to the GD Forum and to SL in general.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Storm.Clarence wrote:

Awww.  This was an excellent post. Several of your posts to this thread have made me smile.

Thanks. Just to make things perfectly clear: my 'poster' is not intended to in any way promote or argue a cause. The right/wrong harmless/dangerous debate has been done. I don't believe any opinions are going to change.

My sole intent was to state a fact: I, and many others, miss Keli Kyrie and the energy, creativity, and fun she brought to the GD Forum and to SL in general.

Wonderful poster and post Dillon.

Hope this thread stays up okay...it's kind of a 'link' to her if ya know what i mean.

To the negative posters out there..it would be so appreciated if you could refrain from posting here....like Dillon says, the harmless/dangerous debate has been done to death...we don't need to be told yet again that she did wrong, etc etc.....all we are doing is showing our support and that we miss her.

Hang on in there Keli, we are not forgetting about you!

Jaen Albatros wrote:

To the negative posters out there..it would be so appreciated if you could refrain from posting here....like Dillon says, the harmless/dangerous debate has been done to death...we don't need to be told yet again that she did wrong, etc etc.....all we are doing is showing our support and that we miss her.

No opinion should ever be stifled - ever!  Anyone can post any opinion they choose to this public forum.

Jaen Albatros wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Storm.Clarence wrote:

Hope this thread stays up okay...it's kind of a 'link' to her if ya know what i mean.

Showing your support of what, impersonation of a Linden? Questioning a ban? Keli K should have left well enough alone.

Telling people not to post negative things will only draw them in like bees to flowers.

Jaen Albatros wrote:

Well said Jaen. We've all made mistakes. The answer is to learn by them. People griefing Keli just don't know what a sweet, funny and fun poster she is.

Come back soon Keli. Hugggggggggs!

I mean this in the nicest possible way, but in a twisted sort of way, this whole incident has been fun in the sense that we get to see more of your hilarious creativity 'Live Report' (Nice poster btw! )

The next time you get to visit Keli, do me a favour and tell her this: Tell her I think, If she still has a ticket open for the Administrative Hold of Keli K, to add an update to it just being honest. Saying that she understands Keli K is probably on hold because of Keli I and that it was all meant in good humour but that you realise it was probably not a sensible thing to do in hindsight. Perhaps even link to this thread - despite what some might think, I do think they have a sense of humour and might even get a kick out of it Then I would phone them again and just politely ask if anything could be done to expedite that ticket and investigation of the admin hold.

Finally (and perhaps most importantly) ask her if she gets cheese on the prison menu. If not I'll see if I can smuggle some in!

Please let Keli K know that I miss her humor and I am (still) concerned that LiveReport posts may be construed as a flip in the face of whomever is in charge of her 'hold'.  I would assume someone at LL knows the definitions of parody and satire.  I recall how several of us said, in retrospect, that we should have said something to Keli Iinden...I just do not want her hold to be drawn out longer than it needs to be.  There, I have said it twice in this thread.  That is enough for me.

Venus Petrov wrote:

Please let Keli K know that I miss her humor and I am (still) concerned that LiveReport posts may be construed as a flip in the face of whomever is in charge of her 'hold'.  I would assume someone at LL knows the definitions of parody and satire.  I recall how several of us said, in retrospect, that we should have said something to Keli Iinden...I just do not want her hold to be drawn out longer than it needs to be.  There, I have said it twice in this thread.  That is enough for me.

I'm afraid I'm getting this feeling too. I'd enjoy Keli's wonderful humor more if it weren't dancing close to what I now see as an edge.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Please let Keli K know that I miss her humor and I am (still) concerned that LiveReport posts may be construed as a flip in the face of whomever is in charge of her 'hold'. 

I'm afraid I'm getting this feeling too. I'd enjoy Keli's wonderful humor more if it weren't dancing close to what I now see as an edge.

I'm beginning to feel that way too. Much as I am happy to see she is still in good spirits, I'd hate to think it's delaying or preventing her return.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Please let Keli K know that I miss her humor and I am (still) concerned that LiveReport posts may be construed as a flip in the face of whomever is in charge of her 'hold'. 

I'm beginning to feel that way too. Much as I am happy to see she is still in good spirits, I'd hate to think it's delaying or preventing her return.

I understand it is just a business to LL, however, I doubt very much they lack *any kind* of a sense of humor.  (I know there are many that differ greatly in this opinion)  She will be in-world soon.

Suella Ember wrote:

Perhaps even link to this thread -

I don't think it would be a good idea for her to draw attention to the fact that she created an alt - two of them, actually - and is posting while banned. In fact, I think that would be a very, very, very, very, very bad idea. Doubly so, because so much of what she has posted here could be read as not taking her situation seriously.

Nathaniel Scorpio wrote:

Suella Ember wrote:

Perhaps even link to this thread -

I don't think it would be a good idea for her to draw attention to the fact that she created an alt - two of them, actually - and is posting while banned. In fact, I think that would be a very, very, very, very, very bad idea. Doubly so, because so much of what she has posted here could be read as not taking her situation seriously.

I see a lot of people saying that and you maybe right. I think you are assuming the Lindens who deal with this sort of thing are evil overlords though who don't have a sense of humour though.

Maybe I'm just too trusting and positive, but I firmly believe that if and when the people dealing with Keli's account have all the facts, Keli K will be taken off admin hold and she'll just get a warning not to impersonate a Linden again (even though it was done with no malicious intent at all). Sadly these things just seem to take time. If I ever found myself in a similar situation I would keep pushing politely and with good humour for an answer though. I wouldn't push too hard, but I'd make it as clear as I could that I was sorry, that it wasn't done with malicious intent and that I would appreciate an answer on my held account one way or the other

Don't get me wrong - someone who is clearly banned should not keep creating alts, and people who impersonate a Linden should have their accounts banned. It's very important to take into account past misdemeanors and look at the context of a situation when LL deal with a situation like this though (which I believe they indeed do which is why it can take some time, although perhaps sometimes they need a little nudge).

It's also important to note though that, while the Keli I account is rightly banned, the Keli K account is not. She is on administrative hold and there is a difference. I'm actually a little surprised that the Keli K account can't still use the forums (not sure if she has tried or not).

Anyway - maybe linking to this thread is not a good idea. However, I do think she should give as much information in any tickets or phone calls as possible, and just be completely open and honest about the situation.

And, of course, all this is entirely based on what we know from here. I have no reason to believe there is anything else Keli has to worry about. But in the unlikely event that there were more to the story than we know, it's probably not a good idea to push the situation. Assuming everything we know is the full story though (i.e. just a silly mistake and a bit of fun that was foolish, but with no malicious intent) then I think it's entirely fair to push for an answer a little but with good grace and humility (which is all I have ever seen Keli do - act with grace, humility and a wonderful sense of humour )

Suella Ember wrote:

I see a lot of people saying that and you maybe right. I think you are assuming the Lindens who deal with this sort of thing are evil overlords though who don't have a sense of humour though.

Not in the least - clearly there are people with fine senses of humor up and down the corporation. I firmly believe, however, that it is a mistake to confuse people within a corporation having a sense of humor with the corporation itself having a sense of humor. She may not have done it with malicious intent, but she clearly did it with intent, and she clearly knew there was a possibility she might be confused with a Linden (otherwise, why put the disclaimer on her profile?). She's compounding it with posts here (when she clearly knows she shouldn't be posting) that can be easily read as her not thinking she did anything wrong other than get caught and now complaining about the process. I know that's how I read them, and I doubt I'm the only one.

I hope I'm wrong, but considering the amount of time that has passed, I don't think she's getting back in and I wouldn't be shocked if her posts here played a role in her not getting back in.

Storm.Clarence wrote:

Jaen Albatros wrote:

No opinion should ever be stifled - ever!  Anyone can post any opinion they choose to this public forum.

Yes, i know they can, that's why i said 'it would be so appreciated', not 'please don't post!'.

As for whether negative opinions should be stifled, it's not a case of stifling, it's a case of tactfully refraining to comment, but i suppose the majority of people who just like to post negative comments and argue just for the sake of it wouldn't know tact if it jumped up and hit em in the face.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Jaen Albatros wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Storm.Clarence wrote:

Showing your support of what, impersonation of a Linden? Questioning a ban? Keli K should have left well enough alone.

Telling people not to post negative things will only draw them in like bees to flowers.

How is 'it would be so appreciated, 'telling' people??

Jaen Albatros wrote:

Yes, i know they can, that's why i said 'it would be so appreciated', not 'please don't post!'.

As for whether negative opinions should be stifled, it's not a case of stifling, it's a case of tactfully refraining to comment, but i suppose the majority of people who just like to post negative comments and argue just for the sake of it wouldn't know tact if it jumped up and hit em in the face.

Let their idiocy shine through.

In this forum we are a product of our words.  Not just one post, all our posts.

Storm.Clarence wrote:

Jaen Albatros wrote:

Let their idiocy shine through.

In this forum we are a product of our words.  Not just one post, all our posts.

Oh, in that case, who am i to try and stop people from making fools of themselves?

IMHO LL will see this whole thread as mocking their authority and Keli K will never be let out of the gulag.

Sorry Keli.

With the teen merge going on , LL will not tolerate any sort of undermining of their authority. All this does is show the new people that we don't care what LL thinks and we will do as we please. Personally I would let this one die.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.