select face

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 293 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was hoping someone could help me with a prim related issue. I'm trying to select a face of an object I'm building, and I right click the object, hit edit, and select face but all it does is select all of the faces, and I can't figure out how to seperate them or find an article on the wiki that shows me how. Please help

• 2 years later...

In the way that [Ctrl]+[,]  and  [Ctrl]+[.] will cycle through child prims in a link set while ☑Edit-link  is selected in the build window,  There needs to be a similar method for Selecting-Face through the keyboard.

Using the mouse to do this in a complicated mesh full of layers and faces, is impossible in some cases.

An Example, selecting the Laces on the *kas* corset.  You may be able to -see- the laces, but no amount of clicking or camming through the surfaces, permits you to select the laces face, Even when all child links are removed from the completely.

To my knowledge there is no keyboard method on SL viewer or Firestorm, to cycle through the selected faces.  This is a feature that still needs to be added, after 10 years of waiting for it.

• 3 years later...

I know it's an old thread, but, here is how to select surface with keyboard short-cut.

1. Open the Edit window for the object you want to edit 

2. Check the "Edit linked" option

3. Chose the "Select Face" option

4. Use [ CTRL+, ] and [ CTRL+. ] to iterate through the surfaces

Hope it helps some people who come here for the info. ♥

• Like 2

12 hours ago, momoqt said:

I know it's an old thread, but, here is how to select surface with keyboard short-cut.

Once I choose Select Face I just left click on the face I want to choose and if I want more than one I hold shift down and select the faces I want. I only need to know face numbers if I using a script to texture specific faces.

• 3 years later...
On 9/17/2019 at 2:39 PM, momoqt said:

I was trying to use the '+' symbol... It took me a while and some looking around to figure out it's CTRL .  or CTRL ,

Anyone else confused, there is no '+' symbol to scroll through the faces to get those difficult to click on faces!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 293 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.