MY AVATAR IS NOTHING BUT SMOKE

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3735 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Suzetta,

Here's a Firestorm wiki page dealing with "bake fail". Although written by the Firestorm team, it's applicable to other viewers. You may find a solution here....

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_bake_fail

These types of problems are often the result of communications errors. Second Life is particularly vulnerable "packet errors", which go unnoticed by most other applications. If you are using wi-fi, try using a wired connection, or relocate your computer closer to the router.

Good luck!

This is the same response I gave in the "Your Avatar" section;

I've had this problem on several occasions. The one thing I have found to correct the situation is to go to the advanced menu, and do a character test. Removing everything right down to "Ruth"....that always works for me. In other words, remove EVERYTHING your avatar is wearing, including skin and shape. You will be reverted back to the LL avatar you started with. You should be able to see your avie at this point. Then you can start replacing everything one by one. Hope this helps!!!

BTW, clearing the cache has rarely solved any of the problems I have ever had, especially not this one. 

Edited for syntax

Bake fail can be a very serious problem. It happened to me a few months ago. Only after rebooting my PC every time I could log in.

After many conversations and attempts to solve this with a  LL technician I finally found out it was my provider.

So I had to change provider and that solved it.

On  a sideline, I have to say this LL technician went out of his way to try to help me. We had dozens of conversations and he tried much from his end to solve it..

Let no one tell me LL does not care about their customers, my expierence is very different.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3735 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.