Sitting multiple avatars on a single prim

ChaosRaine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3708 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know if this is the right place to put this question sence its not really a script issue, but if I can solve it by writting my own script I wouldn't mind if somebody could point me in the right direction. I'm using AVsitter and want to sit multiple avatars on a single prim, but keep getting "No room to sit" error. I would prefur to not have one prim per sitter. 

• Like 1

steph Arnott wrote:

You can not sit more than one on a prim. The only way is to sit on a linked prim, that requires a script. This may be of help.

This is not correct!

If the server can place more than one person on an unscripted prim, you can do it and a script can move them around like linked child prims

“There is no room to sit, please try another spot” This is an error message you may get when two or more agents try to sit on one prim It arises when some bounding box prevents the sitting The first sit is never a problem because it is defined by the single SitTarget, but for the rest the server must find a place to sit before the script can place the sitter When the server can't find a place we have this "There is no room to sit, please try another spot" error You can read more about it and about other peoples experiences on the SL forum It must be emphasized, that this is not a script error but a system caveat, it can be seen when two or more avatars try to sit on an unscripted prim

:smileysurprised:
:)
:smileyvery-happy:

• Like 1

I prefer to have a "prim" for each AV, because of the "No room..." issue. I made a Bench recently, which seats 4. And it has a Land Impact of 2. Because it's all in a single script, which keeps the server weight below 2.5 then. I just added 3 planes (2 triangles each) as invisible "Sit Targets" to a mesh bench. Since the Download Weight of that bench is around 2 anyway, the 3 extra "prims" hadn't any impact at all.

I know that's not what you asked for, but it may be worth noting that there might be ways to keep the land impact still reasonable, even with multiple prims.

If your issue is not so much about land impact, just forget what I wrote.:matte-motes-nerdy:

I know nothing about AVsitter, but FWIW: I seem to find that setting a sit target very much worsens the probability of another avatar finding a place to sit on that same prim. On the other hand, having a prim with a sit target for each sitter guarantees that they'll all find a place to sit without any fussing about (well, except for the embedded bounding box problem, already mentioned, where the seats are "masked" by some big, often distant stuff).

From my own experiences, a prim has to be of a certain size to seat more than one avatar on it. Once once over this size I have been able to sit two avatars on a long prim both with and without a sit-target and animation. But, it is fiddly and sometimes requires a couple of attempts.

The minimum length seems to be 4 metres.

I know of two ways to sit multiple avatars on a single prim. I am surprised that AVsitter does not do this for you in the script. Perhaps you should contact them and find out how to enable this feature. Here is a link to an article with a script that I wrote, that script will sit an infinite number of avatars on a single prim! How many avatars can sit on the head of a prim?

• Like 2

Kayaker Magic wrote:

I know of two ways to sit multiple avatars on a single prim. I am surprised that AVsitter does not do this for you in the script. Perhaps you should contact them and find out how to enable this feature. Here is a link to an article with a script that I wrote, that script will sit an infinite number of avatars on a single prim!

Unfortunately this does not help with the common "No room to sit here" error. Sitting multiple AVs on one prim isn't a problem per se. The problem is "where" your sitting device is placed in-world. If it's surrounded by a larger prims bounding box, you'll get that error message.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3708 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.