How The Hosts and Dancers in the Clubs using the Text Emotes?

prem4998

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

99% of all clubs in SL are using the emotes(/me) and the some type of text gestures. Within a second they use more than 10 separate lines within a second( for example there are three lines in below provided text emote), if you think they are doing copy and paste work then how they do it in a second?. I dont know how they are doing it. The example of that text emote is given below. Can anyone help how to do it?

║║╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗╔╗ ║

╠╣║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║ ║

║║╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝  •

This unbelieveable immature and annoying messages are called 'gestures'. You can play them with a single click on them and then they spam their sound/text into local chat. Some of them are also triggered by certain words the person types into chat.

Personally I hate around 99% of all gestures and have already muted the sounds they make months ago. They flood the chat, kill every kind of open conversation and have let me and others to simply ignore open chat in clubs. I'm not expecting that something worth my attention happens there.

If I'm ever going back into clubbusiness, either as a host or dancer, I would rather bunch the club management than using gestures instead of communicating with my audiance personally. I prefer it that way and see it as my personal quality to be able to survive without gestures.

prem4998 wrote:

where i can get these gestures?...the default gestures in my inventory are for avi actions only...can you help me out?

I would suggest to start your search on the marketplace and maybe continue to search for stores inworld, which sell chat-gestures.

If you are going to host please do not use gestures or a host HUD to do it with.  As a guest it tells me you are too lazy to do your job and don't care enough to actually interact with me other than clicking a button.  Would you use something like this in RL if you were hosting a party?  Of course not, it would be considered rude.  I don't tip hosts that host by playing gestures or using a HUD.

Gestures are indeed quite easy to make, and in and on themselves have no cost (unless you want them to play an animation or sound which you need to upload to SL, each of which would cost you 10 L$); I suggest you read this and experiment a bit; the kind of gesture you want to make would entail only three 'chat' steps, perhaps with two short 'wait' steps separating them, to make sure the three lines come out in the correct order even accounting for chat lag.

Other than that, I join the recommendation that you use gestures sparingly, if at all.

I first heard of Torley Linden via his video tutorial on making gestures:

While the "look" may now be outdated and the viewer will look different particularly to those using v3 viewers, the info provided here to create gestures is still the same.

As others have said, I would advise against using inane gestures in clubs.  I, too, have turned off the ability to hear gestures (one of the best additions to the viewers, imo); prior to that I muted people who were gesture spamming in clubs.  I have been in clubs and have heard people say in local chat, "Why isn't anyone talking?"  Many people, especially in the ballroom type dance venues are in IMs, especially people who are couple-dancing but also, as another poster mentioned, some of us have heard way too many "Hoos!" in our SL's and tune out general chat in certain places.

It's a viewer setting, Harlei. You can't mute 'certain' gestures, though. It covers all gesture sounds. I believe gesture sound is disabled by default in the Firestorm viewer but here's a link to the explanation: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/preferences_audio_tab

I googled 'firestorm viewer mute gestures' to find that; you can probably replace firestorm with the viewer you're using and find the instructions for it if it isn't Firestorm.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.